Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-31-2007, 10:37 AM   #1
zzrv

Default TV cable question

I have a 2003 Ultra Supreme 8328. In the electric hookup compartment, I have two tv cable receptacles. One goes to the tv up front and, I also found out, goes to the booster box up front. Must be a splitter there someplace. The second tv cable is paired with the telephone line in the compartment. I know where the phone line goes, but cannot figure out where the second tv cable goes. I would think it would go to the bedroom, but cannot find an outlet anyplace. Without wiring diagrams, I can't figure this one out.

I will also send a copy of this post to Molly Berger at GS. Hopefully, I can get a response, or better, the wiring diagrams. Wish me luck.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:58 AM   #2
hyall

You sure its not one connection for cable and the other for a portable sat as mine and you use the switcher box? at the front tv
hyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:06 PM   #3
zzrv

I really don't know what it's for or where it goes. As far as I can trace it, it runs with the other cable under the bed , thru the night stand and then disappears into the wall? The good cable comes out behind the TV and then thru to the DVD player. As I said, it also is connected,via a splitter?(can't actually find the splitter) to the antenna booster box. I had a tv hooked up in all combinations, but got nothing from the mystery cable.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:07 AM   #4
Arthur Hayes

I also believe that it is for a portable satellite dish. You should also have two connectors in your audio/visual compartment to connect your satellite receiver to, one for the roof top dish and one for the portable.
Blue OX Tow Bar
Unified Break System
Arthur Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:37 PM   #5
by8s

We put a signal generator on the coax hookups in the same compartment as the inverter, then went inside and could not find a signal on any of the coax that ran to and from the ANT/AUX/VCR distribution box or any other cables in that area. Back then the factory was answering emails and an engineer thought the cables were not good enough to carry a signal. I ended up running my satellite coax through a window. The previous owner had a satellite dome on the roof and took it with him. I always thought they butchered up the wires. Now I'm not sure.
Bob
by8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:25 PM   #6
darbyjudy

Default Cable Connection

In my 2004 Sunvoyager the one in the box with the phone connection is for cable. then there is another one that is for the portable Sat connection. These are all located in the compartment with the electric cord.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:40 AM   #7
Retird2Golf

Send a message via MSN to Retird2Golf

If you have the Wineguard control box, that takes care of the second
(bedroom) TV. The Cabel fitting in the Electrical compartment that is with the Tele hookup is for sattelite.

Hope this helps.

Clyde