Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
chamberlain

Default Air bag question

Sorry I posted this in the wrong section

I have a 2006 Crescendo on a Freightliner chassis. Today when I turned the ignition on the low air pressure buzzer went off and the front air bag gage showed ?0? for pressure where as before it used to show some pressure on both front and rear air bag gages before starting the engine. When I start the engine the buzzer continues to make noise till it reaches 65 lbs then goes off whiich is normal operation. The airbags appear stay full after that till I dump them out. I just bleeded that air canisters for mosture two days ago and did not have a problem on the weekend trip.

This has only happened once before server months ago and I?m wondering what?s going on now. It?s only about 55 degrees and raining outside ?Southern California.

Thanks
Old 01-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Is it possible that one of your blow down valves didn't seat completely when you blew down the moisture?

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:34 PM   #3
RayChez1

Default Re: Air bag question

[quote="chamberlain"]Sorry I posted this in the wrong section

I have a 2006 Crescendo on a Freightliner chassis. Today when I turned the ignition on the low air pressure buzzer went off and the front air bag gage showed ?0? for pressure where as before it used to show some pressure on both front and rear air bag gages before starting the engine. When I start the engine the buzzer continues to make noise till it reaches 65 lbs then goes off whiich is normal operation. The airbags appear stay full after that till I dump them out. I just bleeded that air canisters for mosture two days ago and did not have a problem on the weekend trip.

This has only happened once before server months ago and I?m wondering what?s going on now. It?s only about 55 degrees and raining outside ?Southern California.

What you call air canister is actually an air brake reservoir. If you bled the air of the resvoir that is why it showed 0 air pressure. I beleive that there are two reservoirs on mine and probably yours does to. I live in the high desert and most of my travels are around California and Nevada so when I pulled on the landyards no moisture or water comes out. The air dryer takes care of my coach. That is the purpose of the air dryer to blow every so often and throw out any water or moisture that builds up in the air lines.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
David Bott

My only .02 is that you have a small leek and thus the air drains over time. Not enough to make for issues when driving as the compressor will keep it up just fine. But it seems that it could be leek and my guess would also be that the release value did not seal back as it should.
MBE900 Diesel (Mercedes)
08' Saturn Outlook Toad
"To Boldly Go...Because We Can!"
https://www.OutsideOurBubble.com
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
nuthut

Hi Chamberlain, Do you have seperate gauges for the Air Suspension on your MH? My Crescendo has two gauges for air, one is the main tank and one is the (so called) reserve. I do not have gauges for the suspension bags. Yours may be different. If your tank gauges read zero then there is no air pressure stored in the tanks. When you bled the canisters one of the drains may have slightly stuck open, not enough to affect the operation of the MH, but enough to drain the air overnight. That would be the first place I would check if I were you. Good Luck.