Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-07-2022, 11:34 AM   #1
bertlj

Question 03 Friendship Water Pump Specs

Looking for specs or make/model info for fresh water pump used in 2003 Friendship Quattro 8408fs. I’ve had this rig for a year and I’ve reached a point where I don’t trust simply replacing parts with duplicates of what is currently installed… especially when the wire splices and wads of tape look so un-professional.

Thanks in advance!
bertlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 07:24 PM   #2
Bike Dr

The pump should be just a 12v DC pump with a pressure sensor preset to approximately 45 psi there are many brands of pumps out there of good quality and settable psi range. Most are universal fit. It's as simple as a positive and negative wire and inlet and outlet for water flow with an arrow to guide you as to the flow direction. It is very simple go for it and replace that critter if you feel the need..I purchased one as a back up but they are pretty reliable and have the original its 17 yrs old and still in perfect working condition. I may like you just change it for piece of mind I'm the same way!!

In marine uses they are just called wash down pumps! They are exactly the same thing! For potable water!! I hope this helped....happy camping!!
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 01:51 AM   #3
bertlj

Bike Dr - So, here's what happened. I had already pulled the old pump before I wrote the request for info. Had to. The Shurflo 2088-422-144 that was in the rig when I bought it last year stopped running about a week before we ended our 4 month trip. I had already determined that power was available at the wires coming to the pump motor, but because the Swan water selector valve above the pump was leaking quite a bit, one of the male connectors on the pump pressure switch had rotted off. It was going to be an expensive fix for simple broken connector. Based on the valve leak, the corrosion and rust build-up on the pump motor led me to believe it only had a few miles left too.

So, both the Swan valve and the pump came out and I needed to get replacements on order because everything needed to be buttoned back up to deliver the rig to the shop on April 18th. When parts arrived I learned that Shurflo started shipping a replacement pump for the 2088-422-144... and it is longer, and has a different shape that does not fit behind the big white plastic compartment cover or the GS pump cover. ;-(

But I do want to thank you for your input.
bertlj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8408fs, water pump