Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-08-2023, 06:49 PM   #1
Militaryman

Question 2021 BT Cruiser 5210

The side windows flex during highway travel. This creates a loud wind sound during travel. I installed the rubber molding on the leading edge of the driver's side forward window but it's still quite annoying. Any ideas on a resolution.
Militaryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 07:58 PM   #2
Larryjb

This would not be a permanent fix however it might work, but you could not open the window.
Get a can of Plumber's setting putty. With your hands roll out a long thin string of putty, similar to a strand of spaghetti. Apply this along the leading edge of the window. this will seal out the air, but do not open the window.
Any time you want just pull out the putty to open the window
The putty should not harden for awhile.
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 12:09 PM   #3
FreedMeister

Make sure your roof vents are closed during travel. If open, they create an unstable condition causing the "flapping" noise.
FreedMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 01:05 AM   #4
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Sometimes, you find that is weather/ location/ road direction dependent, and head wind/ tail wind noise level drops off, but cross wind noise levels increase. Good Luck
Old 03-20-2023, 05:37 AM   #5
RY469

This has been a complaint at the Dealership (I work at) for this type of window. Problem being basic design (large, minimal attach points, etc). I have solved the issue in the past by adding rubber to the channel of the window. Basically tightening up the seal and adding bulk. A more costly solution is replacement of the window with a different style, although have had issue getting that specific size. I know this is of marginal help, but have seen, and solved the issue before.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 06:38 PM   #6
HydroThunder

@Militaryman, here is a thread with an interesting solution that I am going to try soon also: https://www.gsowners.com/forums/show...8937#post38937 Basically it amounts to getting a splash guard type molding to send the wind past the window. Seems elegant and inexpensive! https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Wate...094DF1WTY?th=1
HydroThunder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5210 windows flex