Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-11-2022, 06:06 PM   #1
lets go

Default Furnace quits working

Been camping in the cold recently and the propane furnace will work for a little while (no set time may be 15 minutes or may be 1/2 hour ) then the flame will go out and not restart for a few minutes. Suspected a bad regulator so I turned a burner on and watch the flame, when the heater would go into shut down mode the flame on burner would drop to just about nothing and in a short time go back up to full flame . Nothing else turned on no frig or hot water heater

Has anybody had any experiences like this and how did you get the problem fixed ?
lets go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 08:12 PM   #2
Chuck v

This sort of thing can happen in cold weather when a tank gets near empty -- the evaporating propane will freeze up the tank and regulator. Did you happen to look at the tank surface and the regulator during the symptom?

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 09:36 PM   #3
lets go

The tank was just down 5 gals out of 19 , I did look at the tank and no frost showing how ever I never looked at the regulator because it had a plastic cover over it
lets go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 03:59 PM   #4
FreedMeister

Sure sounds like a regulator sticking.
FreedMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 01:10 AM   #5
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets go View Post
Been camping in the cold recently and the propane furnace will work for a little while (no set time may be 15 minutes or may be 1/2 hour ) then the flame will go out and not restart for a few minutes. Suspected a bad regulator so I turned a burner on and watch the flame, when the heater would go into shut down mode the flame on burner would drop to just about nothing and in a short time go back up to full flame . Nothing else turned on no frig or hot water heater

Has anybody had any experiences like this and how did you get the problem fixed ?
Yes, I have read several posts where LP regulator was replaced to cure furnace problem, and suddenly REFRIG also works "better than ever since owned".