Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class C
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-01-2022, 02:56 PM   #1
Oldflyboy

Default Type Air Conditioner

Hi,

I have seen reviews on the RV FLOW SYSTEM. It is said to decrease noise 2-25dbs and increase cooling effect up to 40%.

Having just cut my Memorial weekend short as it got to over 80 in the RV I am willing to try this out. The A/C just would not keep it cool when it is over 90.

They make different models depending on the different model of A/C unit you have. I thought that a Coleman or a Dometic was just that but there are different models by each manufacturer.

I have a 2018 Conquest 6320. I have tried to look at Gulfstreams site and get the information but just list 15500 A/C.
Can anyone enlighten me as to the make and model that they put on these thing?

TIA!!
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Haltom City, TX
Oldflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 04:46 PM   #2
Chuck v

If you take down the grill cover from your ceiling unit you might be able to see the manufacturer's label that gives the model number and serial number. If you bought your unit new, you should also have a manufacturer's manual on your AC unit.

I took a quick glance at the RV Airflow Systems website and some independent reviews...may be of some use for reducing noise transmission from one end of the ducted system to the other, but have serious doubts on the 40% cooling improvement claims. It will increase air flow away from the main unit "air shower" vents in the roof unit's main grille -- since these are now disabled. An increase in air flow should give some increase in cooling, but how much is not measured in any review i have glanced through.

Here is a review with at least some data/instrumentation but is still very subjective. It does give you an idea why the exact model of unit and model of RV is needed to make a tight fit for the rather flimsy rigid packing foam parts used in this product.
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...-a-208666.html

Hope this is helpful...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 05:23 PM   #3
Oldflyboy

Chuck v

Thanks for the information. Yes, I knew where the info was it is just that I'm 30 min away and thought I could get an answer on here.
I've read reports and read the one that you posted. I tried everything, Closed off bed room vents, bathroom vents and sealed the door to the BR and had the curtains up closing off the cab. Even had the thermal cover on the windshield.
It was reported 95 and the RV gauge (not sure it was correct) said 82.
Even so, it was warm and we decided to pull the plug Sunday and head home a day early.
I, like you, am skeptical but I do think that it would be worth the month if it improves things some. I think I might have read that 40% cooling wrong. Now that you mentioned it, that's a HUGE jump. I would believe the 40% airflow would be more believable.
With more airflow, it has to help cook things down.
I'm going to try it and see what happens. I'll try and find this post and update it but as of right now, we are not going anywhere till July 1 when we head to Colorado for 4th.
Its not bad in the mountains but there is a night going and coming in the low country and I'm sure it will be warm. Probably turn the Gen Set on about an hour out and help the dash air cool the RV. That does seem to work pretty good.
Take care and happy camping!!!
Haltom City, TX
Old 06-04-2022, 12:22 PM   #4
Seadog63

You and I have the same coach’s mines 2021, possible they could have changed brands of ac but mine is 15000 as well. I will check it when I get out there to it and letcha know. As for cooling in 80 plus temps I’ve had no problems. On the inside of the coach I clean the foam filters and I’ve and decider in there so I’m not getting that cold warm mix and on the roof I take the top ac cover off and clean “all” the coil system up there. I couldn’t believe how much dirt, etc accumulated in there and the inside filters. Might make a difference. Also in the mornings I’d crank it to the coldest that way it wouldn’t struggle much as it got hotter, just throwing it out there for ya but I will check the brand and model etc. for ya.
Seadog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 03:35 PM   #5
Oldflyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog63 View Post
You and I have the same coach’s mines 2021, possible they could have changed brands of ac but mine is 15000 as well. I will check it when I get out there to it and letcha know. As for cooling in 80 plus temps I’ve had no problems. On the inside of the coach I clean the foam filters and I’ve and decider in there so I’m not getting that cold warm mix and on the roof I take the top ac cover off and clean “all” the coil system up there. I couldn’t believe how much dirt, etc accumulated in there and the inside filters. Might make a difference. Also in the mornings I’d crank it to the coldest that way it wouldn’t struggle much as it got hotter, just throwing it out there for ya but I will check the brand and model etc. for ya.
Just had the coils checked and they were clean. Yes mine is a 1500 also.
It does OK in the 80's but when it got to 95+ in didn't do that well.
Haltom City, TX
Old 10-22-2023, 08:21 AM   #6
Denuterk

The Gulf Stream Conquest 6320 comes standard with a Dometic RTX15500 air conditioner. This is a 15,500 BTU unit that is designed for RVs with up to 30 feet of living space.
Whether or not the RV FLOW SYSTEM actually works as advertised is a matter of debate. Some RV owners have reported positive results with the system, while others have reported no noticeable difference.
Denuterk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 08:33 AM   #7
Denuterk

These portable air conditioner rv here seems good to me.It can run on both AC or DC power. It comes with the power cord for the AC outlet and all the hoses for directing the air conditioning and also directing the exhaust.
Denuterk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 03:43 PM   #8
Seadog63

We’ve chatted before. We’ve the same coaches, mines a 2021. My ac is a dometic, I’ve the ceiling vents throughout the coach and they do a good job or I can just dump the air in the “living room area, I’ve the same rating as yours . Mine stayed cool in the high 80’s only by keeping the shades down. I honestly can’t say there is something that is better, I heard the Coleman units are pretty good, maybe that’s an idea. Having a second ac would be nice.
Seadog63 is offline   Reply With Quote