Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-20-2008, 05:31 PM   #21
darbyjudy

Default Back home Rally

I have never been to a Back Home Rally. what can you tell me about it? What is the cost. Do you have hook-ups, water, electric & sewer? Wife needs electric at night for a C-pac machine.
It appears that we will be in Ohio in June and thinking maybe this would be a good time to make that Rally. I guess the first thing I need to do is Join the GulfStreamers Club , is that correct?
Anything you can tell me would be appricated.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:40 PM   #22
Maggie

Darby,
If you will look back to my posting from April 2007 I think you will get a good ideal about the Back Home Rally. The agenda for 2008 isn't out
yet but I don't think there will be much changed. This will be our 10 year and they have all been pretty much the same. Most sites do have full hook ups. All will have electric and water. Yes, you do have to be a member of the "Gulfstreamers" club. The membership cost is $20.00 a year. You can contact Jennifer Shaw, membership coordinator at [email protected], she will be able to give you all the information. Tell her that you were refered by #4231. There are a lot of benifits to being a member such as discounts on streamwear, parts, rallies and a magazine 4 X a year. At the Back Home Rally you also get the opportunity too have some minor repairs done free. Hope you join us in June
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:06 PM   #23
RJ82much

Default Re: Back home Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyjudy
.... Wife needs electric at night for a C-pac machine.
Darby,

Your reference to the wife's CPAP was very interesting, as it was a concern to me as well. I don't enjoy a night's sleep without mine & originally felt it would limit my overnighting opportunities.

I read my owners manual for the CPAP and found it could be run off 12 volts as well as 115 AC. I bought the adaptor and could run off house batteries if necessary. The is an 12 volt outlet in the bedroom as well as standard AC outlets. The CPAP will draw about 3 amps at 12 volts DC. I've never had to use it that way so far, but it's nice to know that I could. I run the generator overnight in rest areas & have been fortunate enough to have electric at all campsites so far.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #24
Jim

we are going to the ralley and with all the fuel prices I hope we still have a good turn out.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote