Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-16-2011, 07:19 AM   #1
volkman67

Default 1992 Ultra Class C Cabin Heater & Water Pump

I just bought a 1992 Gulfstream Ultra Class C on a Ford E350 gasoline engine.

Can anyone tell me how to operate the interior heater?

If I turn the water pump on when attached to shore electrical, can I leave it on and is water then supplied on demand?

I have a lot of manuals that came with the RV, but they are not very clear.

Also, where are the fuses for all of the electrical?

Thanks
volkman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #2
Frosty

Default Re: 1992 Ultra Class C Cabin Heater & Water Pump

There should be a household type thermostat somewhere inside your rig. Turn the switch to "furnace." As long as you have enough propane, battery or shore power your furnace should fire up. Your water pump will operate on battery or shore power and will supply water on demand. Make sure you have plenty of water in the fresh water tank. It does not take long to burn out a pump running it without water. There should be a retangular power converter box with a flip down door inside your rig. Inside you'll find the fuses for the DC side and circuit breakers for the AC side in there. Hope this helps. Good luck
Old 04-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
Luckiest Dreamer

Default Re: 1992 Ultra Class C Cabin Heater & Water Pump

The water pump is 12V DC it works if you are plugged in as well as not plugged in as they are seperate circuits. Leaving it on will get you water when you open a faucet. It will also get you water should you have a leak. That may not be what you want because the water will no doubt be leaking where you do not want it to. Turning it off between needs may save you trouble. If you do have a leak the pump will respond to the pressure change in the system and you can hear it turn on. Off course you would need to be within hearing distance.
The switch is located in different spots depending on the model of RV you have as well as the year. Usually, it is close to the kitchen sink or an adjoining wall. Good luck