Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-13-2018, 09:50 PM   #1
Mermaidie

Default Vintage 23 with bad floors!

I bought a 23' Vintage travel trailer new in February. The floor started to bubble up within the last month. No water issues just separating in several spots. I spoke to the dealer who sold it to me and they say it's under warranty but have no idea other than to replace the flooring which looks like a cheap contact paper anyway. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with their trailer?
Mermaidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:41 AM   #2
exjay

Floor repairs are tricky but if it's just the top area and being it's still under warranty the correct way would be to have everything removed from the camper (table, bed, cabinets etc) that contact the floor and have the new covering installed. If they just patch those areas or glue it up to the lower cabinets edge etc I'm sure it will peel up over time. I'm not too familiar with your model but most have the flooring done first and everything sits on top of it.
exjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:55 AM   #3
Restorium

Talk the dealer into installing something thicker like a thick vinyl. Might be easier for them and better for you as well.
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:46 AM   #4
Big Shasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restorium View Post
Talk the dealer into installing something thicker like a thick vinyl. Might be easier for them and better for you as well.
Absolutely. I'd even pay for the material if they'll cover the labor under warranty.
Big Shasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 07:17 AM   #5
Restorium

I've switched out the flooring in every motorhome I have owned. Have to get rid of all the carpet for sure. I hate carpet in a camper.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:30 AM   #6
Big Shasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restorium View Post
I've switched out the flooring in every motorhome I have owned. Have to get rid of all the carpet for sure. I hate carpet in a camper.
I agree. How was it with a slide out. I'd be afraid of the transition and afraid of any rubbing making any marks.
Big Shasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 07:46 AM   #7
Restorium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shasta View Post
I agree. How was it with a slide out. I'd be afraid of the transition and afraid of any rubbing making any marks.
No slides on our '99. Wish we had them but are probably better off without them.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:42 AM   #8
showmad

Default Bubble flooring on 2018 Vintage 19RBS

Bought new back last June and within a couple of months we got quite a few bubbles in the cheap and thin flooring that they use on these models. I know they are going for light weight but a little thicker vinyl flooring applied properly will not do this. Not sure how to fix it yet but it is under warranty.Just don't want it sitting at a dealership for months
showmad is offline   Reply With Quote