Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-04-2022, 07:23 PM   #1
Kjc431

Default Gulf Stream Envision line production issue

My wife and I ordered an Envision 290 RL the first week of October 2021. The dealer warned us, and we expected, due to Covid, that delivery would be delayed. We were told early spring 2022. Well in mid January I called the dealer to see if we had a build date. He said no, he'd contacted the rep at the factory and really couldn't get any information. In early Feb I called again, same story, he gave me the reps name and phone#. I called and spoke to him and he stated Gulf Stream was moving the Envision line to a new production plant that was to open near the end of February. I called and spoke to the rep, Ken, at Gulf Stream this past week and learned they've yet to open that plant, that they aren't building any Envision 290RL's at this point. Supply line problems and labor issues keeping employees. I then tried to call his boss, Tim Denning, left 2 messages a week apart, no reply. At this point the wife and I are looking at other brands and models. Personally I think something odd is going on at Gulf Stream.. Your thoughts?
Kjc431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 01:34 PM   #2
Flower

I have heard of material and labor shortages the covid virus has changed a lot of things it may take a long time to back the way they were and may never be the same. The price of campers have gone up higher than ever before like automobiles. Now I think it may be better to wait and see if prices and availability of campers get back closer to normal.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 09:46 AM   #3
JimG

The same computer chip shortage plaguing the auto, as well as many other chip controlled products, industries is the culprit. Can't build chassis without those same chips. They are in EVERYTHING, phones, tablets, washers, dryers, refers, on and on. The timeline you are getting is the same for all manufacturers. Thinking used? Likely a used unit, if you can get one, will be outrageously priced. Best advice; be patient.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote