Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
holmesaw

Default New bedroom TV install in 2005 Sun Voyager

New TV I installed in our 2005 Sun Voyager. Vizio LED 24 inch. That was the largest I could fit into the existing
cabinet. Wonderful reception with the antenna out on our pad. Can't wait to try it on cable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p7020016.JPG (52.7 KB, 1563 views)
FMCA Gulfstreamers International
Good Sam
holmesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Default Re: New bedroom TV install in 2005 Sun Voyager

Looks like a professional installation. Did you have to do any modifications to the cabinet opening and how is it fastened in place?

Ron Woods
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #3
holmesaw

Did not have to modify the cabinet except for the wood trim at the top to fill the hole. Bought the tilt bracket at
Camping World but cannot tip the TV because it is flush against the cabinet, larger than the opening in the cabinet.
Had to add wood framing inside the cabinet to attach the bracket to. Boxed off behind the TV so space could be
used as storage.
Good Sam
Old 07-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
J79Engine

Looks like the same as our 2005 Sunvoyager SE except for the two doors on either side of the TV. We have the two mirror closets on either side of the window and flat work surface but not the small doors. Did you keep the black mixer out in front that has AV1, 2, 3 which is switchable to DVD or TV ? I was thinking that could be upgradable as it was originally part of the anolog system. At the moment I have anaolog in the bed room as original but a flate screen with blue ray and stailite on the roof but the TVs only work good if the bedroom piggy backs off the black box in the front. I originally thought placing a digital converter box in the bed room would allow the bed room TV to work in dependently from the satilte but when I switch it to ariel the signal dies other then it shows the digital box is working, no channels show up on a scan. I tried switching the digital roof antena on but that does not make a difference. I'm about ready to say Uncle and upgrade to a flat screen back there also and then trouble shoot why there is no signal. I would think you could run roof mounted digital ariel at the same time as a DIRECT TV satilite dish mounted a few feet to the real of the bat winged digital ariel. I have not had time to rip into all the wireing to see how they wired everything partially due to the heat and time to do it as well. Jet engine consulting keeps me busy, not complaining, brings the pay check in. I don't get much RV travel time in, mostly sits in the drive way hooked up to the house. I did figure out a little interesting thing on the 4th of July. Turned on the satilite dish as we were stabilizing and unhooking the toad then seen time expired call DIRECT TV on the screen. I logged in on my smart phone to DIRCTTV.com went to my account logged in and was able to reactivate the box without talking to anyone, thought that was neat!
J79Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
holmesaw

Did not remove the black box but have never been able to figure out what it does for the rear TV. I know it has to be on to
watch DVD on the front TV. Usually I just shut off all of that junk and tune thru the TV. I have been thinking about replacing
the sony tuner box with a blue ray player but that will come later I guess. Picked up that bedroom TV at Sams for $188. They
are getting to be very reasonable. I replaced the front one a while ago. Now the wife can watch TV in the rear when we
are just on the antenna. I never could figure out how to add a tuner to the old analog TV because I could not get behind it
to get at the hookups.
Good Sam
Old 07-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
RayChez1

I installed a Vizio also about two years ago. But I really do not care for it that much. It has beautiful picture, but what I don't like is the volume. It does not have much volume on the sound.. The Samsung that was there before had great sound volume in comparison to the Vizio. I should have taken it back to WalMart where I bought it, maybe there is something wrong with it from the factory, but I didn't. So now I am stuck with it. It fit perfect in the box and I just mounted it on the slide that was there from the Samsung.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote