Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-07-2021, 10:07 AM   #1
marcarolle

Default Looking for slide-out manual override

Hi, 2008 GULF BREEZE 26 RKS Travel Trailer.

Trying to find the manual override for the slide-out, in case the switch/motor goes bad.

I've searched everywhere, in the camper and on the Internet, including this website. Of course, owner's manual is of no help. We purchased this unit used.

Can you guys give me a few pointers as to where to look for the slide out manual crank?

I don't see many Gulf Breeze (2006-2010) on the campgrounds here in Eastern Canada.

Thanks!

Marc
marcarolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 08:16 AM   #2
Farmer Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcarolle View Post
Hi, 2008 GULF BREEZE 26 RKS Travel Trailer.

Trying to find the manual override for the slide-out, in case the switch/motor goes bad.

I've searched everywhere, in the camper and on the Internet, including this website. Of course, owner's manual is of no help. We purchased this unit used.

Can you guys give me a few pointers as to where to look for the slide out manual crank?

I don't see many Gulf Breeze (2006-2010) on the campgrounds here in Eastern Canada.

Thanks!

Marc
I have never seen a Travel Trailer that did not have one, that said it is on the motor. Find the motor and you will find the override.

Can you grab a picture of the slide. My mine slide in my last RV, it was above the slide inside behind a valance. And the mega-slide it was on the opposite side of the trailer underneath.
Farmer Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 10:12 PM   #3
NavyLCDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Fran View Post
I have never seen a Travel Trailer that did not have one, that said it is on the motor. Find the motor and you will find the override.
Well, Schwintek slides do not have manual cranks. You have to get on a ladder and unhook the motors by going in past the seals, loosening a set screw, and lifting up the motor to disengage it. You have to do this on both sides of the slide. Then you can manually push the slide in and then you have to brace it on the inside to keep it from rolling out when travelling.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 09:30 AM   #4
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

LOOK CLOSELY AT ALL RELATED EQUIPMENT, Take PICS, AND If at all possible, find a BRAND/MODEL#, / Then you can search for/ download related Owner Manuals, Service, Parts, ETC. Or PICS will help verify Identity while searching. LUCK