Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-16-2021, 08:04 PM   #1
green_plaid

Default 2022 Ameri-Lite 248BH so many serious issues

Have, well had, a 2022 248BH since August and it was needing so much warranty work that the dealer cut their losses and bought it back from me.

My first Gulfstream, a 2021 199DD, had a bunch of fit and finish issues to the point where I essentially rebuilt almost everything in the interior. Finally when I thought I had everything finished up I found out my roof was not leaking at not just one but 3 corners! It's not that I missed maintenance, I just decided to peel back some dicor and give things a check and screws holding down the front cap were so rusty that half snapped. Had I not looked I would have never known. Also all the outriggers by the axles bent badly and others were starting to bend...

Traded in, sold for 500 less than I bought. Done.

After all of that I talked to Gulfstream, they said they were aware of some of the issues and have since fixed them so I bought a new 2022 248BH. At first all looked good till I found that a few windows started leaking because of a break in the silicone. Repaired... Then my floor got soaked 2x because of hole behind the awning arm for the wires...looked like they took a hammer and punched it out. And well...cabinets got soaked because of an unrelated plumbing leak. Wet compressed wood led to swelling and the bottoms of all the cabinets looked terrible. Then the skylight leaked more than once. Then one day when it was raining during camping I decided to straighten an off level outlet and found no insulation behind it. Which led to me checking everything that I could only to find that I was short insulation in the roof...alot...like completely empty between rafters. Whole front cap...no insulation. Back wall missing 1/3 of the insulation. Which also caused increased humidity and well staples in the wall were starting to rust on a 3 month old camper. So i was done. On top of that I had a creaking floor which deflected alot. I also found, after calling 3 different times to confirm, they undersized all my floor joists for what reason I don't know. They should have been 1.5x2.5 (2x3) but were actually 1.5x1.75. So the GVWR listed was wrong and the carrying capacity was wrong.

Needless to say Gulfstream is having some serious issues and it's not just fit and finish. I'm just glad my dealer did the right thing and bought it back. Also...they as a dealer are no longer ordering anything from Gulfstream anymore because they have had so many issues with them.

Best of luck and check those seals!
green_plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 10:11 AM   #2
Baddogsdad

My 21 ft Envision has been one problem after another. This is worse than a Forest River product I owned previously. Furnace died, water leaks outside, interior leaks from shotty plumbing. Shower pan is not reinforced ……really disappointed. I’m hoping someone just steals it.
Baddogsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 11:42 AM   #3
green_plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddogsdad View Post
My 21 ft Envision has been one problem after another. This is worse than a Forest River product I owned previously. Furnace died, water leaks outside, interior leaks from shotty plumbing. Shower pan is not reinforced ……really disappointed. I’m hoping someone just steals it.
Sorry to hear! I started parking mine under a tree and left the tongue lock off. Neither a thief nor the weather ever helped and we had some good storms too! Hope yours gets worked out.
green_plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 09:59 PM   #4
Will_VT

Our 2018 250RL leaked significantly at the end of our first camping season in 2019 (we bought a leftover). Our dealer stepped up and fought with GL till they took the unit back to the factory and repaired it. During the repair I received pictures from the factory representative and I sent her feedback as we went. We got the unit back in the spring of 2020 and took the season off. We camped in 2021 and have yet to find a leak in the roof or walls. We did have a couple of leaky plumbing connections that required some tightening, probably for sitting for so long. I appreciate what our dealer did for us and getting a repaired unit back. I wish anyone having problems with their unit, good luck!
Will_VT is offline   Reply With Quote