Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-13-2006, 09:15 AM   #1
Jill

Default Finally have our new 2007 Sun Voyager Diesel Puller!

We got it! Actually, we've had it for about 4 weeks now, but wanted to wait until we'd used it a few times before posting.

The dealership ran everyone and their brother through it in the week between their getting it and our picking it up--this was because of the new floor plan--they all wanted to see it. They've now ordered three more after looking at ours.

We've taken three weekend trips in it now--two with full hook-ups and one without, so that we can make our punch list. As I was told here, there are a multitude of things that need to be fixed, but thankfully, nothing really vital.

The outside paint job looks great, and the inside is beautiful.

Here are some of the things that will take getting used to:

*Cabinet space/drawers--There are only three drawers, they're located below the sink and very shallow. Hard to get all the silverware, towels, etc. in them. Also, the cabinet above the sink is long, deep, and has only one shelf, which starts in the back and only goes halfway through the width of the cabinet, so it's hard for me to reach.

*Bathroom--one towel ring came with it and is mounted next to the sink. But other than that, there's really no wall area to mount any other towel rings, racks, etc.

*Entry steps--the steps as you enter are deeper and higher than our last motorhome. It makes it hard for me to reach the little cabinet above the entry, which is where we've always kept the dog leashes, etc.

Okay, other than these things, we LOVE it!

Ended up with the Tracvision R5 satellite. Bought it from Camping World and they installed it, along with our DirecTV receiver that we already had. It was just a matter of calling DirecTV and adding this one to our current service--we were up and running in 10 minutes. We got the model that works when you're moving--cost about $1750 or so. It works well when you're travelling on a highway--doesn't work as well when travelling the long, winding forested roads to the coast, which is where we've made our three trips! Overall, we're very happy with it so far.

The king size bed is larger than we're used to and larger than we needed, but it is super comfortable and is large enough that our Pom now spends the night on our bed with us--a mixed blessing!

As far as the diesel puller goes--we've filled it with diesel twice, but forgot both times to track the mileage. I'll try to remember to do that and report back what our mpg is. As far as power and noise, it isn't super quiet, but it is less noisy than our Damon gasser, and it has a LOT more power. What noise there is doesn't bother us at all. I haven't driven it, but Rick says it is much easier to drive. So far, we're loving the diesel puller, although for those who have diesel pushers, it would probably be too loud. Overall, it is a marked improvement over our gasser and we like it fine so far.

Oh, forgot one more thing that we didn't like--because of the front slide located right behind the driver's seat, Rick can't move his seat back far enough to be comfortable--he's about 5'9" or 5'10", so it's not like he's super tall, but it really is cramped for him--he's not happy with that at all and I'm not sure if there's anything we can do about it.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the floor plan! I highly recommend it if anyone is considering it. Other than the cabinet, etc, issues listed above, we really love the three-zone set-up. The huge flat-screen TV in the living room area located at waist-level is great. For those that don't watch much TV, it wouldn't matter, but we do and we really like the three TVs, one in each room.

Sorry this is so long-winded, but you guys have been so good about giving me information that I wanted to report back on all the things we discussed. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer. As you know, I'm not very technical, but I'll do my best!

Jill

www.northwestjewelry.com
[email protected]
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:30 AM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Jill,

Happy to hear about your diesel puller and your review of it.

Sounds like you sort of like it!

When you do remember to figure the MPG please post it. I am interested on what kind of MPG it gets.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:40 AM   #3
Jill

Quote:
Sounds like you sort of like it!
Yeah, a little bit!

I'll be sure and report back on the mileage!

Jill

www.northwestjewelry.com
[email protected]
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote