Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-22-2021, 12:10 AM   #1
Zero650

Default 04 Yellowstone Air Cleaner

Hello! I am trying to replace the Air Cleaner on my 04 Yellowstone Country Club. There is a welded bracket behind the filter/canister and I can't figure out how to remove it so I can get the new one installed. Has anyone replaced the filter on a GS Cat? How do you get it pulled out? Thanks!!
Zero650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 06:29 PM   #2
clepp

I've done my several times now. Mine is a side inlet filter so maybe it is slightly different from yours if you have the standard inlet (rear inlet). My part number was 002F/FAR
I included a picture with color coded arrows to help understand my process. And a picture of my replacement filter.

What I did was remove the nuts holding the mounting bracket to the plate steel (blue arrows). Then I loosened the clamps on the end of the filter pointing towards the drivers seat (green arrow). I loosen the clamp holding the 90 degree rubber pipe to the air supply intake (red arrow) and pull that end off. Then with the might of Hercules I remove the filter from the death grip of the pipe at the end pointing towards the drivers seat (green arrow). It might require lifting the mounting bolts out of their holes if there isn't enough play on the outlet pipe (green arrow side). Once that is separated I pull it all out, disconnect the mounting bracket from the filter and remove the 90 degree rubber pipe by loosening the clamp on the side of the filter (yellow arrow).

Then I reattach the mounting hardware to the replacement filter, using the old filter as a guide for location of the straps. Making sure the filter is facing the correct way. Attach the 90 degree rubber pipe to the side of the filter and tighten the clamp (yellow arrow). Then I position it in place, but not with the bolts for the mounting bracket in place. I spray the collar of pipe that goes to the turbo with a slight coat of WD-40 and maybe a little on the filter as well (the one you swore at earlier, while channeling hercules to remove) (green arrow), then with the might of all 4 power rangers plus hercules, you force the filter in until the raised part on the collar of the filter is interlocked with the indent inside the pipe. (green arrow) Slightly tighten that clamp (making sure the filter is facing the right way), but not fully tightened just yet as you may need to rotate it if something doesn't line up). Slide the mounting bolts into their holes and re-attach the nuts (blue arrow). You can spray them with wd-40 or whatever you choose to lubricate them and keep them from seizing in the future. Reconnect the 90 degree pipe to the air supply intake (red arrow). This may require some finessing or you can try to do it as you put the mounting bolts in place.
Tighten all clamps and nuts, then double check all clamps and nuts. Reset vacuum cannister and run the engine at 2000 rpm, then check the vacuum canister to make sure everything is working properly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0702201306_400x.jpg (22.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210728_182906762.jpg (297.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-25-2021, 10:13 PM   #3
Zero650

Thank you so much! I followed those steps and was able to get it replaced!
Zero650 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air cleaner