Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-29-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
bobbyd

Default Buying a 2007 Sun Voyager

In the final stages of purchasing a 32' GS 2007 Sun Voyager
The unit is new and has never been sold except from a dealer going out of business to another dealer. Drove it and loved it but would like to talk to another owner of the same type of coach to get some feed back.
Thanks,
Bobby D
bobbyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:52 PM   #2
PChez

Default Re: Buying a 2007 Sun Voyager

Quote:
In the final stages of purchasing a 32' GS 2007 Sun Voyager
The unit is new and has never been sold except from a dealer going out of business to another dealer. Drove it and loved it but would like to talk to another owner of the same type of coach to get some feed back.
Thanks,
Bobby D

I don't own a Sun Voyager, but I do have friends that own them and what I see on your purchase is that it is 32' long and that is perfect for a Sun Voyager. Some get too long of a gasoline coach and have trouble with it dragging on dips and also have problems with cross winds, but 32 foot is perfect and you will have lots of fun.
Honda Pilot EXL 2005
PChez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:59 AM   #3
Jobuha

Default 2007 GS SUNVOYAGER

I owne a 07 GS 8389 40' Diesel FRED. I love the unit. The only problems I have had with it is the reverse lights did not work when purchased. ( check them ) and the fridge is on a slide and it did not work properly due to the mis installation of the temperature sensor on the unit. Other than that enjoy. I have not noticed the dragging on dips yet and have had mine in some pretty hectic situations. I use mine to pull a 16' enclosed trailer loaded with dirt bikes. I usually end up parking it in some cow field to attend the series races. Have only been stuck twice in the last year. They roll great on the pavement but slip and slide on wet field grass

Jobuha
Jobuha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:44 AM   #4
PChez

Default Re: 2007 GS SUNVOYAGER

Quote:
I owne a 07 GS 8389 40' Diesel FRED. I love the unit. The only problems I have had with it is the reverse lights did not work when purchased. ( check them ) and the fridge is on a slide and it did not work properly due to the mis installation of the temperature sensor on the unit. Other than that enjoy. I have not noticed the dragging on dips yet and have had mine in some pretty hectic situations. I use mine to pull a 16' enclosed trailer loaded with dirt bikes. I usually end up parking it in some cow field to attend the series races. Have only been stuck twice in the last year. They roll great on the pavement but slip and slide on wet field grass

Jobuha
The coach you have is built a little different then most other gasoline coaches. I believe your FRED is built on a Freightliner chassis rather then the usual F53 or workhorse chassis.
I used to have a gasoline coach on a F-53 chassis and it was 36' long. Everytime I hit a dip it would drag. Finally I discovered that it had Firestone air bags out of the factory, so I inquired about how much air those bags had to have, since they never told me anything about them when I bought the coach. They told me to put 90lbs of air on each side. It raised that rear end right away to where I didn't have the dragging problem anymore. Freightliner chassis are heavy duty.
I have the Freightliner Neway on my diesel pusher and it rides real nice.
Honda Pilot EXL 2005
PChez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:33 AM   #5
db77

I have a 2006 8388 I bought last year as a leftover. We just got back from a 5500 mi trip to Ca and overall average of 7.1 mpg which I think is ok since we went through a lot of mountains. The coach has been excellent with no major problems. Make sure they start your coach/workhorse warranty from the date you buy it. Also check out your paint warranty. Mine was painted by Mikes Custom Painting and their warranty is 2 years from time of paint so if you have any paint problems get them taken care of right now. Good luck on your purchase and enjoy your new coach.