Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-19-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
jshelley13

Default 2007 tourmaster/air tank

does anyone know the location of the air tank?, I believe it should be bled,.....or does it not need bleeding..

thks Jim
jshelley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
rescue7

Default Re: 2007 tourmaster/air tank

Air tanks are in between frame rails behind front wheels. There are 3 tanks, one is a dual tank that looks like one. There should be 3 lanyards sticking out the frame behind the front wheels. I think there are two on the right side and one on the left. could be reveresed but if you turn the wheels out and use a flashlight you should see them. Pull the lanyard and see if any water comes out. If they have a lot start coach to keep pressure up and keep purging.

Don
Old 04-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #3
Luckiest Dreamer

rescue7 gave you the answer on where to find the lanyards (cable loops that are protruding thru the frame and hidden behind the wheels) however I have a suggestion.
As a person that retired from driving an 18 wheeler I developed some habits that I transferred to the motorhome. This one is quite simple to accomplish. I carry a short thumper that will allow me to thump the duel tires each time I stop for a break or fuel to test to see if the tires are still inflated properly. (you get so you can tell if there is a problem by sound of the thump or feel) The thumper resembles a small baseball bat about 12 to 18" long and quite solid, maybe 2" diameter. In the end of the thumper I screwed in a small hook similar to a cup hook. That makes it easy to hook the lanyard and give it a pull and still keep your hands and clothes clean. Check the air at least once a day and you may prolong the life of the compressor and brake parts.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
jshelley13

thks, I appreciate any & all comments......J
jshelley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 09:35 AM   #5
Bearjake

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue7 View Post
Air tanks are in between frame rails behind front wheels. There are 3 tanks, one is a dual tank that looks like one. There should be 3 lanyards sticking out the frame behind the front wheels. I think there are two on the right side and one on the left. could be reveresed but if you turn the wheels out and use a flashlight you should see them. Pull the lanyard and see if any water comes out. If they have a lot start coach to keep pressure up and keep purging.

Don
I am losing pressure on one side when I slow down the motorhome. Also have an ABS light on. Own an 09 tourmaster. Any ideas on maybe having a leak or something? thanks for any help.
Bearjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 06:33 PM   #6
zippyphd

I hear a slight hiss from the parking break 'pull' at the transmission console when I park. Upon restarting, I get a low air warning. Others wise pressure stays good. Thoughts?
zippyphd is offline   Reply With Quote