Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-23-2021, 01:11 PM   #1
Lukieb

Default 2007 Gulfstream Ind. - Bathroom fan/lights

Hi all,

Hoping you can help me with a gotcha. I’m renovating my RV and want to fix my bathroom light/fan that stopped working. Ive checked the fuses in the block under the fridge and all look good, took out the switch to check voltage and nothing coming to it. Does anyone know if there’s another gfci I should be looking for? This has me puzzled…

Thanks!
Lukieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 01:40 PM   #2
Chuck v

The light and fan should be 12 volt DC...so no GFCI would be involved here.

The light over the dinette on my 2007 Tour Master had a separate switch on the fixture itself, can't recall if the bath did also. Look for any switches that would be in cascade with the wall controls.

Is the light/fan a combo unit like a Fantastic brand? A picture will help us understand what you are dealing with a bit better...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 02:26 PM   #3
Lukieb

Added a couple photos to help. There’s a white line going to each the fan and the light. The switch on the bathroom wall has the blue and green wires. Took a photo of each. I checked for voltage going to the main switch and don’t see any, but I’m learning on the the fly here. Should I be checking the white as my red and the other as my ground(colored)?

I asked about GFCI because I have read about some putting 12 volt gfci for the bathroom. I don’t see such a thing.

Thanks for responding Chuck. Let me know what I can do further.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BA1ABE58-7740-4A1B-A8CB-0D96417E5BF4.jpg (258.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (145.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 10-23-2021, 03:38 PM   #4
Chuck v

Be sure to use a DC setting on your meter...if it is set to AC it will not show a reading on these low voltage DC circuits.

Is that a switch on the rib dividing the two lamp lenses??? Maybe a face on view will clarify what I am seeing here...

Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lamp fixture question.jpg (51.2 KB, 3 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 03:49 PM   #5
Lukieb

Yes. Both the fan and the light have separate switches similar to the rest of the RV. You can set them to on or off and then use then “master switch” to turn what you’ve manually set on all at once. Similar to my bedroom where I have two lights with one switch. I can switch one off on the fixture itself and use the wall switch to just turn on that. Prior to removing things, I switched them both on and used the switch. Lead me to believe that this might be a fuse thing, but I checked the bathroom 12v fuse and it looks good. I haven’t checked the power behind that fuse…which I could check next since I removed the fuse cover block to make sure the connections were tight.

With my multimeter, I’m using DC and 20v setting.