Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-29-2018, 08:48 AM   #1
Johnny Boy

Default Slideout issues on 2007 Crescendo

I have a 2007 crescendo 8386 with 3 slides. they appear to be operated by hydraulic rams. the big slide on the drivers side also has steel cables criscrossing back and forth. What are these cables for ? are the slidouts adjustable? it appears that the top of the slideout contacts the rv body before the bottom does is this normal? Also ver important to know but is there a way to manually close the slide outs if you suffer a hydraulic failure?
Johnny Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:27 AM   #2
Chuck v

JB,

The cables are to keep the two rams in "time" -- that is to say they form a pantograph linkage to keep the slide square and even as it moves in and out. The slide rooms are adjustable for fit to the coach, floor level, etc. so you need to look at the information that is in the Power Gear DeWald Hydraulic Slide Out Systems parts and installation manual. Here is a link:
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...g_82_S0523.pdf
and the adjustment information begins on page 20...

What is the issue with your slide, or are you just collecting information for a future need?

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:32 PM   #3
Johnny Boy

as stated in my original post the top of the slide contacts the coach first and the bottom of the slide still sticks out about 2 inches..

Also noticing the slide comes out a bit when in storage like it creeps out over time i dont think thats normal ?
Johnny Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:37 PM   #4
Chuck v

JB,

If you made an original post that is not a part of this thread -- sorry I did not see that one. Hopefully we can keep this present thread self contained from here on out to allow all readers to have a coherent understanding of the issue you have and we can help resolve it.

Did you read the information in the link I provided? It does mention how to adjust the slide for level...this may also address how the slide room contacts the main body as it closes.

The slide drifting out over time is not supposed to happen, but if the top contacts the motor home frame well before the bottom that would put a lot of stress on the room to settle back to where it would have no added structural distortion.

If the hydraulic rams leak at the piston seals then the room could drift also -- this is addressed in the testing of the hydraulics -- look on page 27.

Chuck

Old 05-01-2018, 06:24 PM   #5
Frutza

Thanks for that info Chuck, I bookmarked that link. Are you any good with the all electric Power Jamb units?
Old 05-01-2018, 08:37 PM   #6
Chuck v

not familiar with that...sorry

Old 12-01-2019, 01:56 PM   #7
proost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck v View Post
JB,

If you made an original post that is not a part of this thread -- sorry I did not see that one. Hopefully we can keep this present thread self contained from here on out to allow all readers to have a coherent understanding of the issue you have and we can help resolve it.

Did you read the information in the link I provided? It does mention how to adjust the slide for level...this may also address how the slide room contacts the main body as it closes.

The slide drifting out over time is not supposed to happen, but if the top contacts the motor home frame well before the bottom that would put a lot of stress on the room to settle back to where it would have no added structural distortion.

If the hydraulic rams leak at the piston seals then the room could drift also -- this is addressed in the testing of the hydraulics -- look on page 27.

Chuck
Hey Chuck,

Over the past week, I noticed the main slide in my T40A drifting out after I initially retract it. After I pull it back in, it's usually good. I had my entire hydraulic manifold and hoses replaced when I upgraded my auto-leveling system. Is that indicative of air in the system? I think so but wanted to confirm. I'll take it back to the shop that did the replacement and have them check for leaks and re-bleed.

Happy Holidays!
proost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:39 PM   #8
Chuck v

Worth checking into -- could very well be air in the system. Hopefully it it not a leaking piston O-ring seal.

Chuck

Old 12-09-2019, 11:07 PM   #9
SGTJAC

I could be wrong on your coach model. When I looked into mine, a 2006 Tourmaster it stated it self bled. I'm going to be working on mine when it warms up by replacing the pump motor and I already had a leak and repaired it
and it seems to have remove the air. All the pieces can make a puzzle if you find them all.
SGTJAC is offline   Reply With Quote