Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-22-2019, 02:00 PM   #41
BT5210

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT5210 View Post
another WWTT.....the over head tv cabinet...these coach's are lacking storage...they built a cabinet for the tv, with 2 side cabinets.... real small, and the space behind is huge...but you can't get in there,.. the other thing was the rattles and wind noise..horrible,... when you hit a bump it sounded like a board was loose and banging on the roof,... that and the sound of metal banging around...so I took it apart and sound deadened the fiber glass, I'm making the tv on a cabinet door that swings up for storage... other wise there is no place for bedding and towels and such.... when I took it apart, didn't find the squirrel , but I found the nuts he left up there... 3 nyloc nuts laying on the metal roof...
got this done....and upped the tv size to 43'',... there is now huge storage for pillows and such
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04894.jpg (175.9 KB, 97 views)
BT5210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:13 AM   #42
CaryL

I love this idea! We have a power outlet in the cabinet for the TV. Did you re-mount that somewhere? Also what hinge setup did you use for the TV?
CaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:16 AM   #43
BT5210

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryL View Post
I love this idea! We have a power outlet in the cabinet for the TV. Did you re-mount that somewhere? Also what hinge setup did you use for the TV?
there's lots and lots of storage up there....I did a face mount cabinet door with a piano hinge on top...I got rid of the componite red, yellow , white and added hdmi and a DVD player...I moved the power and intenna out lets to the side and re mounted them...I put 3 slam latches on the bottom of the door..

I made the door., 24 x 37'' out of 1/2'' maple and painted it satin black,... the new tv covers it all...we had the rca tv, with it turned up all the way, it wasn't loud enough... the way they frenched the tv in , you need a sound bar to hear it....with the tcl in the new location, half volume is enough
BT5210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 07:54 AM   #44
Roan444

Great thread BT!

Thanks for all your upgrade updates... The suspension research will come in very handy!
Roan444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:49 AM   #45
bbaluski

Looks great. Is it pre-wired for solar?
bbaluski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 04:15 PM   #46
Netbob30

Quote:
Doesn't seem to be much interest in this thread.... anyway.... got the new bilstien shocks on.... what a huge difference in the ride quality... smoothed the roads right out...the other thing I did was seal the window shut on the passenger side also.. the glass bows and cause's a huge wind leak, so now both sides on the front section are sealed shut...
I have the same problem. What did you use to seal them with?
Netbob30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 05:09 PM   #47
jgrinder

newby question: I considering ordering a 5210 with the twin jackknife sofas. I have been told that these sofas are only 68 inches long. Does anyone know the GS offers a longer sofa or do these sofas fold out to make a queen bed and you can sleep crossways since the rv is 8 feet wide? I am 72 inches tall is the main issue. Any insight in this issue would be appreciated. thanks John
jgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:32 AM   #48
Kat

Do yiu think one could conert overcab area to a bunk?
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 06:06 AM   #49
CaryL

I just opened behind my TV and yes found there is a great amount of space back there.
For a winter project I will finish it out as well.

Questions:
My concern is insulating against noise and heat after the fiberglass is out.

What insulation did you put in there? I see it is silver.
Any insulation recommendations after now using it?

Does the Tv protrude too much into the living space?
CaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 08:52 AM   #50
dpitchai

Quote:
another WWTT.....the over head tv cabinet...these coach's are lacking storage...they built a cabinet for the tv, with 2 side cabinets.... real small, and the space behind is huge...but you can't get in there,.. the other thing was the rattles and wind noise..horrible,... when you hit a bump it sounded like a board was loose and banging on the roof,... that and the sound of metal banging around...so I took it apart and sound deadened the fiber glass, I'm making the tv on a cabinet door that swings up for storage... other wise there is no place for bedding and towels and such.... when I took it apart, didn't find the squirrel , but I found the nuts he left up there... 3 nyloc nuts laying on the metal roof...
I am thinking to do the same. Can we remove the frames too, and make it as a bunk for a child or optional storage? And how much did it cost you to modify this?
dpitchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 09:39 PM   #51
hossross

Wow, the front really did look unloaded. Hard to believe Gulf Stream would even release a vehicle trimmed like that. Springs have 2 parameters spring rate and loaded spring height. If you put a "lighter spring in" it is the spring rate. You can keep the same spring rate and get a shorter loaded spring height and also lower the front since you went with the lower rate, you needed to get some of the roll rate back by increasing the roll bar diameter. If it feels like the vehicle going to roll over when cornering or making a quick maneuver, then you need to increase the coil spring rate but low load height. I would always keep the gas tank over half full and as little water as possible in the tanks. including don't fill fresh water tank until near destination.

GVWR won't matter on your set up, your totally controlled by Rear Axle gross weight rating. Also the PSI on the side wall of a tire is the max pressure that tire is rated for. Don't use that, the vehicle sticker is the correct one, and that is required by federal law to be afixed to the body usually on door frame. Mine has that fed sticker and then an updated sticker model 5250 I think the rears are 80 psi and the front 65
hossross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 09:53 PM   #52
hossross

Wow, the front really did look unloaded. Hard to believe Gulf Stream would even release a vehicle trimmed like that. Springs have 2 parameters spring rate and loaded spring height. If you put a "lighter spring in" it is the spring rate. You can keep the same spring rate and get a shorter loaded spring height and also lower the front since you went with the lower rate, you needed to get some of the roll rate back by increasing the roll bar diameter like you mentioned. If it feels like the vehicle going to roll over when cornering or making a quick maneuver, then you need to increase the coil spring rate but low load height spring as the springs control the roll rate more than a roll bar. I would always keep the gas tank over half full and as little water as possible in the tanks. including don't fill fresh water tank until near destination. The objective is to get the weight forward of the rear axle and minimize rearward of the axle. You have almost no control over the front weight other than add a heavy passenger.

GVWR won't matter on your set up, your totally controlled by Rear Axle gross weight rating. Also the PSI on the side wall of a tire is the max pressure that tire is rated for. Don't use that, the vehicle sticker is the correct one, and that is required by federal law to be afixed to the body usually on door frame. Mine has that fed sticker and then an updated sticker model 5250 I think the rears are 80 psi and the front 65
hossross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:46 AM   #53
dpitchai

Quote:
so while driving,... found a new problem.... this coach has the frame less windows...it's ok on the pass, side as the awning shield the side of the window... but on the dr. side... once traveling above 50 mph.... the wind coming down the side blows the side seal open.... now you have 50 mph wind coming in the coach.... the glass is too long and tooo thin so it just bows out in the middle... pretty sure its gonna end up snapping the glass
I am having the same problem in my 2021 BT. The noise and the wind from it is unbearable for the passengers on Couch. How to fix this?

I actually order BT 2021 with framed windows so that I don't have to deal with this problem, but they delivered me with frameless windows, looks good but paint to ear.
dpitchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 11:46 PM   #54
Riley Sumbawa

Quote:
JUST DROVE HOME FROM SO-CAL TO VEGAS...what a trip....
Hey guys, wondering if anyone took a 5210 and converted it to a 4x4 using a reputable conversion company? Not interested in the Best Deal, I don't mind paying for good quality, have a couple others I'm looking at besides Quigley (not saying they are not good, just researching)...The 5210 is short which is what I've been looking for...Gulfstream would not be my 1st choice, I prefer NEXUS but they don't have any floor plans I like...Like the no slide, small unit, Ford E Series pretty much good enough...Hate the Brown paint jobs (possible to get white or anything but their brown? hard to find info here)...I live in Indonesia, want the coach to use for snowboarding w/ my kid...Any 4 seasons upgrades anyone can suggest? Thanks
Riley Sumbawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 01:44 PM   #55
MV213

@BT5210 thanks for sharing this info. Very informative thread. Just purchased a 2021 5210 last week. Will be making some mods at some point after using it a bit to get a feel for it.
MV213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 09:46 AM   #56
retirednow

HI BT5210,

We have followed your posting about your upgrading your suspension on your BT 5210 with great interest.
Unfortunately we are having the same problems with our 2021 BT 5210 Gulf Stream Motor home. I called 2 ford dealers and they could only give me part # for the springs that are on the Ford 350 which is 9C2Z5310V. They could not give me the # rating on the springs Looked on Ford website under the 2021 E350 and found only my spring number not LB rating or other springs that I could use. Any help on where you found springs & rating would be very helpful. So far we have installed Roadmaster Reflex Steering Stabilizer, Roadmaster Rear Anti Sway Bar & overload rear Springs that raised the rear 2 and 1/2 inches and have had the front end aligned. We are trying to tow a Jeep Wrangler with all four wheels on the ground so there really couldn't be any towing weight to change front weight. Ours also weighted in at 2,940 on front axle with full tank of gas and unloaded and just me in it. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Also with the rear overload spring it did lower the front almost 1/2 inch.
thank you. Robert
retirednow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 07:22 PM   #57
oldwrench

Major change, install narrow twin beds, can be done
oldwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 08:33 AM   #58
msdickerson

We just ordered a new 5210 BT Cruiser, and I cannot find info on the leveling jacks that come with it. Can you point me to the right place to see how these jacks operate? Thanks!
msdickerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 08:48 PM   #59
Darugs

I have a 2021 5230. I didn’t get a jack manual, but found this one.

http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.co...ers-Manual.pdf

Very easy to work, just remember to have your emergency brake on and the ignition off (all of my other RVs worked with ignition on).
Darugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 05:36 AM   #60
msdickerson

Default leveling jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darugs View Post
I have a 2021 5230. I didn’t get a jack manual, but found this one.

http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.co...ers-Manual.pdf

Very easy to work, just remember to have your emergency brake on and the ignition off (all of my other RVs worked with ignition on).
Thanks a bunch! We are still waiting for our new 5210, but are quite excited about it....
msdickerson is offline   Reply With Quote