Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-09-2020, 05:10 PM   #1
Conquest6320D Eddie

Default Battery Charging Question

My Conquest 6320 has been sitting in the garage while I’m building our house and time got away from me. Forgot to start the engine for a while and you guessed it. My battery is dead. Here’s where I need help. It wouldn’t start with jumper cable. Hooked it up to charger and the park lights flickered the whole time. Charged overnight. Starter would not turn over. Battery would not charge. Any ideas?
Conquest6320D Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 06:55 PM   #2
UAHaerospace

'what' battery(s) are you hooking this charger, or the jumper cables, to?

The Chassis/Vehicle battery(s)?

The HOUSE battery(s)?

what are 'park lights'?
UAHaerospace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:23 PM   #3
Conquest6320D Eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAHaerospace View Post
'what' battery(s) are you hooking this charger, or the jumper cables, to?

The Chassis/Vehicle battery(s)?

The HOUSE battery(s)?

what are 'park lights'?
Thank you. I tried to jump/charge the vehicle battery under the hood that powers the ignition. Also, by park lights I mean the lights that would come on if I turned my light switch half way instead of all the way on. I also noticed that lights on side of the camper were flickering.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:37 AM   #4
UAHaerospace

Parking/Running lights should not be doing anything just because you are charging your Chassis battery, or jumping the battery, since you don't have them 'on'. If so, you may have some issue that is beyond what you are suggesting as simply a dead/low battery.

A voltmeter on your battery will reveal it's status, but should be in a range well over 12volts, probably near 12.8 fully charged. When it falls in the 10s or 11s, it may not have enough power to even turn on the lights, or provide power to the starter. Sometimes a dead 'cell' within the battery can make the battery seem 'good' with a voltmeter reading, yet 'fail' when trying to power the starter. When a load is applied, the bad cell brings down the whole battery.
UAHaerospace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:23 AM   #5
Conquest6320D Eddie

Thank you. All was well with it last time I started in a few months ago so I'm sure it is most likely a bad cell. Will get it tested and go from there. Thanks again!

Eddie Broughton
Old 08-12-2020, 09:55 PM   #6
Conquest6320D Eddie

Update: My battery is fine. Thanks to this thread I was able to discover a flaw and a very simple remedy and once it was fixed, my RV started wonderfully! Please watch and share this video.

https://youtu.be/tBfdTGVcBS0

Eddie Broughton
Old 08-16-2020, 03:34 PM   #7
LabCab

Well welcome to the conquest Battery problems. Had the same situation with mine. Unfortunately these batteries or truck batteries in for whatever reason they are only warranty for a year since they’re expected to do heavy duty work I had to do the equipment. My suggestion to you is to take the batteries out bring them to a NAPPA store (hopefully there’s one around you) and purchased two new Batteries. The reason I suggest and a PPA is because they have a 36 month warranty on their batteries. After losing out on two sets of batteries for not keeping up on the same as you did I found I could replace them with these at a reasonable price they were approximately $139 apiece. That’s just my suggestion since if you’re having problems your batteries might as well start new not sure how old yours are now but rather to go through this aggravation a month or so down the road just get two new batteries best of luck.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:43 PM   #8
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Blinking lights computer controlled will act right w/ proper voltage from battery. Pull battery for charge/ test/ replace
Old 08-17-2020, 06:18 AM   #9
Conquest6320D Eddie

Found issue. Battery is good. There is an apparent short with the E brake. It drains the battery.

Eddie Broughton

Tags
won’t charge, won’t start