Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-03-2020, 08:23 AM   #1
GulfStream8359

Default Compartment/Basement door replacement

Anyone know where i can get replacements for my 07 8359 basement doors? i damaged the driver side compartment door, door #5, and need to replace it?
GulfStream8359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 11:47 AM   #2
Boze33

Coincidentally I was just looking at RV junk yards last night and found this place. Don't know anything about them, but perhaps a phone call to see what that have might help.

https://rvexteriorbodypanels.visoner...rhomeparts.pl?
Boze33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 12:45 PM   #3
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713
Default re: cargo doors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfStream8359 View Post
Anyone know where i can get replacements for my 07 8359 basement doors? i damaged the driver side compartment door, door #5, and need to replace it?
THETFORD has a catalog for download, might see if any match, then search by part #?
Old 12-10-2020, 10:03 AM   #4
GulfStream8359

Yea, i reached out to them and unfortunately they didnt have my model of door. Thanks
GulfStream8359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 09:45 AM   #5
proost

Quote:
Yea, i reached out to them and unfortunately they didnt have my model of door. Thanks
I think your best bet is Visone RV linked above. They take a while to reply but they have tons of RVs and may be able to match your model or get close.

There’s also AZ RV Salvage at www.azrvsalvage.com. They do ship nationally when I was looking for a panel for my coach that I ultimately had remanufactured.
proost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 11:43 AM   #6
bmojmhs

You don't say what you mean by damaged. I have a GS gaser and damaged one of my bin doors. The outer sheet got caught in the wind and bent back 90 degrees to the door latch. I duct taped it as flat as I could get and made my way home.
The outer sheet uses double sided tape to attach the sheet to an aluminum door frame. Taking the door off was going to be a challenge I did not want to do. I searched around where I live and found a company that was making aluminum trailers. I took the outer skin off and took the panel to him. Using a break, he flattened the panel for me (for free) and using double sided tape I put it all back together.
You can see a slight ripple in the middle of the panel, but I can live with it.

If you want to see how to install a panel using double sided tape, find a video on how auto detailers install accessories to cars.
bmojmhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 12:58 PM   #7
jamesham

As you might expect, there are lots of salvage yards near Elkhart, IN since there are a lot of surplus, warranty and leftover parts generated by all the RV factories. Bontrager's Surplus is just over the line into Michigan. I have visited there, and they have a ton of exterior doors and windows...excess new stock. Give them a call or fill out search form online.
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 01:13 PM   #8
MAJWayne88

Quote:
There is also Colaw RV Salvage in Missouri, as well.
MAJWayne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 09:21 AM   #9
Waller

Default Challenger doors

I just ordered a door for my travel trailer. The doors on my travel trailer are made by Challenger door. I had a label on one of my doors, I am replacing a small access door with a larger door to match the other side. https://www.challengerdoor.com/
Waller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 07:02 PM   #10
MMalone2

A local premium auto body shop should be able to make an aluminum door skin for you.
MMalone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 06:34 AM   #11
Gingersdad

Try Challenger Doors...... They make a lit of doors and latches used in RVs. I'm in the process of sending them pics now to replace a broken latch. Seem like good folks...... Good Luck
Gingersdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 04:58 PM   #12
jcgorham

Hope you have luck finding the door. I did a dumb mistake by leaving my drivers side basement door open and closing the slide, needless to say I folded it up like an accordion I ended up taking the coach to a body shop here in VA and they found a replacement door and painted it to match my coach, I am highly satisfied with the work. Sorry I don't know where the bought it...Good Luck. I have an 08 Gulfstream Crescendo
jcgorham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement parts