Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-28-2020, 01:44 PM   #1
Sudsy

Default 2005 Sun Voyager 8379MXG FOR SALE

I hate this but my health issues are requiring me to sell my Sun Voyager. I have owned the coach for three years and I bought it from the original owner that custom ordered it. It has every upgrade and feature available in 2005 except the Inverter and built in satellite system (it has a Dish Tailgator included). It even has the drivers door that is usually only found on the diesel coaches.

2005 Gulfstream Sun Voyager
FULL BODY PAINT
stored under cover for all but last three years.
W24 Workhorse Chassis
8.1 ltr (496cid) Chevy V8
Allison 6 speed transmission
dual piston calipers
12280 miles on unit, I bought it at 8250 miles
300 hrs on upgraded 7 KW Onan Marqius Gold generator
Front tires new 22.5"
residential Whirlpool refrigerator installed last season w/ice maker and water on door.
Replaced b3droom sub-flooring and carpet (w vinyl laminate wood now)
Removed damaged wood flooring and installed vinyl laminate in hallway, bathroom and kitchen area.

I have done nothing but work on and pay someone else to work on this coach for the past three years. The entire roof has been resealed with Dicor white roof sealer. The end caps and all skylights and vents sealed with Eternabond. I have found and repaired a lot of little things and know this unit inside out now.

I have replaced all the exterior running and compartment lighting with LED bulbs.

I have replaced all of the interior lighting with LED lighting.

I installed a new Android based AM/FM bluetooth in dash stereo. Hands free cell capable thru the coaches speakers.

There is a new Garmin GPS RV dash mount system.

XM radio Dash mount

All TVs have been upgraded many times. The PO changed them three times and I have now done it twice to bring the front system up to date with new digital cable systems now showing up at campgrounds.

MUCH MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!

I have all of the original manuals.

Engine runs perfectly.

Generator runs perfectly.

everything was serviced just before winter storage.

My heart health has made me give up. I am so sad to let the coach go but I have been having issues of passing out recently and don't think long distance driving is something i should be doing. My wife has flat out said she won't ride with me anymore.

I am going to ask $45000 for it "turn key". I mean everything is there right down to the spices and cookware.

with regret

Sudsy
Southern Maryland

Many more pictures available
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-03-05 16.22.12.jpg (170.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 2017-03-05 16.20.23.jpg (120.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 2017-03-05 16.22.52.jpg (219.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 2017-03-05 16.30.25.jpg (98.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg floorjob (4).jpg (175.6 KB, 34 views)
Old 02-07-2020, 10:38 PM   #2
Biteman

Sudsy, Sad to hear that you have to sell. I have prowled this site since last summer when I bought mt 2004 Sun Voyager, which I absolutely love. You have been a wealth of in formation, Thank YOU for that. Your price is VERY fair. My rig has 48K miles is in very good condition without all your upgrades and I paid $42k last summer. I'd buy yours over mine in a second for full asking. Good luck to you and again, thank you for all your insight and wisdom.

Jim in Seattle/Moses Lake WA
Biteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:44 AM   #3
Chuck v

Sudsy,

Yes that is a very fair price for your rig in the great condition you have brought it up to...best of luck in finding an appreciative buyer.

I also sold my diesel coach for health issues a little over a year ago for $40K to a friend and it was a great deal for both of us as I was moving out of state. Mine had a little over 11,000 miles on it and had all the little improvements I have written about on this forum over the years.

For all you 'streamers out there -- get out and enjoy your rigs whenever you can as things can change...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 11:18 AM   #4
MNTraveler48

Sudsy I am interested in your motor home could you please send me more pictures. Thanks
MNTraveler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:52 AM   #5
Sudsy

Hello all;

My coach is now listed nationally.

Sudsy
Old 04-16-2020, 10:34 AM   #6
Sudsy

Default For Sale

Here we are with gas at $1.79 and no plce to go. WHOda thunk!

Sudsy
Old 06-20-2020, 11:20 AM   #7
Sudsy

SOLD $45k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
I hate this but my health issues are requiring me to sell my Sun Voyager. I have owned the coach for three years and I bought it from the original owner that custom ordered it. It has every upgrade and feature available in 2005 except the Inverter and built in satellite system (it has a Dish Tailgator included). It even has the drivers door that is usually only found on the diesel coaches.

2005 Gulfstream Sun Voyager
FULL BODY PAINT
stored under cover for all but last three years.
W24 Workhorse Chassis
8.1 ltr (496cid) Chevy V8
Allison 6 speed transmission
dual piston calipers
12280 miles on unit, I bought it at 8250 miles
300 hrs on upgraded 7 KW Onan Marqius Gold generator
Front tires new 22.5"
residential Whirlpool refrigerator installed last season w/ice maker and water on door.
Replaced b3droom sub-flooring and carpet (w vinyl laminate wood now)
Removed damaged wood flooring and installed vinyl laminate in hallway, bathroom and kitchen area.

I have done nothing but work on and pay someone else to work on this coach for the past three years. The entire roof has been resealed with Dicor white roof sealer. The end caps and all skylights and vents sealed with Eternabond. I have found and repaired a lot of little things and know this unit inside out now.

I have replaced all the exterior running and compartment lighting with LED bulbs.

I have replaced all of the interior lighting with LED lighting.

I installed a new Android based AM/FM bluetooth in dash stereo. Hands free cell capable thru the coaches speakers.

There is a new Garmin GPS RV dash mount system.

XM radio Dash mount

All TVs have been upgraded many times. The PO changed them three times and I have now done it twice to bring the front system up to date with new digital cable systems now showing up at campgrounds.

MUCH MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!

I have all of the original manuals.

Engine runs perfectly.

Generator runs perfectly.

everything was serviced just before winter storage.

My heart health has made me give up. I am so sad to let the coach go but I have been having issues of passing out recently and don't think long distance driving is something i should be doing. My wife has flat out said she won't ride with me anymore.

I am going to ask $45000 for it "turn key". I mean everything is there right down to the spices and cookware.

with regret

Sudsy
Southern Maryland

Many more pictures available

SOLD
Old 06-20-2020, 09:28 PM   #8
Frutza

Good luck to you my friend