Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-02-2020, 09:56 AM   #1
fos

Default Insulating underneath Vintage/Vista Cruiser for winter?

Can anyone tell me what the underside covering is, if any, on the Vintage or Vista Cruisers? I assume they are the same underneath. I am asking because if we get one, I want to insulate underneath to keep the grey and fresh water tanks and drain lines from freezing up - don't have to worry about the black water tank, we wouldn't be using it as we intend to replace the flush toilet with a self-contained composting toilet.

Just trying to figure out how much work it would be, what I might have to open up to get insulation in between the frame and tanks, etc.

Thank you for any replies.
fos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:23 AM   #2
Smithcd46

Have a 19 ERD Vintage Cruiser and have looked at this issue since the shower water lines run unprotected under the trailer. The fresh water tank is inside the trailer so no problem with that. Had it looked at to add insulation and the bottom line recommendation is that it is best not to use it as a cold weather trailer. We have camped at temperatures just above freezing with no problem. However, I would not recommend pushing it too cold for too long. I have heard that you can order the Vintage Cruiser from the factory that is insulated. Never checked that out. Hope this helps.
Smithcd46 is offline   Reply With Quote