Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-21-2021, 06:05 PM   #1
Farmboy

Default 2019 BT cruiser 5245 slideout

Just got our new 5245 home. Had it in my shop for a week to check things over. Parked in my driveway, now the slide tries to go out but stops in about 4". Seems like rear slide by the bed is working ok, the front slide behind drivers seat seems to be hanging up. Any thoughts before I call the dealer tomorrow? Hoping maybe an alignment problem so I don't have to leave it as the dealer is 60 miles away.
Farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 11:06 AM   #2
Eddndee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
Just got our new 5245 home. Had it in my shop for a week to check things over. Parked in my driveway, now the slide tries to go out but stops in about 4". Seems like rear slide by the bed is working ok, the front slide behind drivers seat seems to be hanging up. Any thoughts before I call the dealer tomorrow? Hoping maybe an alignment problem so I don't have to leave it as the dealer is 60 miles away.
Does your manual have a troubleshooting section? If not, determine what slide system your coach uses, look it up on-line and follow the checks to do under troubleshooting.
Old 03-28-2021, 02:57 PM   #3
Bonnie H

Quote:
I would look under the slide inside to see if it is hung up on something that rolled under it when it was moved.
Bonnie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 02:58 PM   #4
Bonnie H

Look underneath the slide inside for objects stuck under there.
Bonnie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 06:11 PM   #5
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Is it hitting the drivers seat? Seat should be fully forward/ clear. Also make sure nothing has fall on floor between wall/ facefarame behind drivers seat.... it does/ can cause damage to faceframe mounting.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:48 PM   #6
Tim 6316

Default Parking Break or Not Level

In some, parking break may need to be applied, or just simply in driveway, unit may not be level, which cause slide the lean and catch. I have the lean problem in my steep driveway. Also check top of slide inside...may be something blocking it there as well.
Tim 6316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 01:40 PM   #7
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713
Default re: slide

Quote:
First INSPECT INSIDE AND OUTSIDE to make sure no obstructions, locks, straps. Some brands/ models of slide use travel locks, I read? But an unseen forgotten bag of linen or toolbox inside can cause damage, as can the tree/ limb, or roof edge outside?
Old 04-10-2021, 07:51 AM   #8
Farmboy

Had it back to the dealer, Screws underneath were stripped out causing the gear racks to twist and draw to much power. Unit i s back in my driveway works very smooth now. Checking more things over, getting it how set up I want it. Iv'e discovered Gulfstream's workmanship to be lacking in quality! Tailights wired backwards, Cab top not insulated, glued to the original cab steel which caused banging over rough pavement. Come on Gulfstream! Two minutes, construction adhesive, simple fix, and no aggravating banging!
Farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote