Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
chhiii45

Default New crescendo owners nightmare

My wife and I, after months of looking, decided to purchase our first new class A. We bought a 40 foot Gulfstream Crescendo bunkhouse model. It has been a nightmare from the get-go.

First off, when we arrive at the dealer, Johnson RV sales, Portland Oregon, to pick the unit up, they inform us there is a problem that has just happened with the brakes coming on intermittently. They had the coach for about 3 weeks before we arrranged to pick it up, so you can imagine my dismay that this problem just arose! Regardless, they kept the rig for about a week trying to fix the problem.

When they had it fixed they agreed to deliver it to my house. I left work early to be home when it arrived, in the meantime, that same day, I delivered to the dealer a cashiers check in full payment. They were late, no surprise, and then I get a phone call that the same brake problem has occured again and they turn around t go back to there shop. this was a wednesday and my wife and I had a scheduled 4 day camping trip already planned. Obviously that was interrupted as well.

They took the Coach to a freightliner service facitlity nearby and they kept it for another week trying to again solve the problem.

This friday they again said it was fixed. I arranged to meet at the repair facitlity to drive it home with one of the service people from Johnson RV.

All went well until i got it home and they had left. I put the slides our just fine, put them back in to take my wife for a ride, and when we returned to the hosue the slides would no longer go out!!! They spent all day saturday trying to fix the problem to no avail.

So here I sit with a very expensive coach sitting in my front yard that I cant even sleep in.

I am polling this group to see if others have similar problems with Gulfstrean and or freightliner! I hope I havent made a wrong choice in buying this RV.

I look forward to your replies to this post.

chhiii45 is offline   Reply With Quote