Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-26-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
PatGeorgeH

Default Should we buy a new model GulfStream?

We are downsizing from a Fifth Wheel to a smaller, light weigtht travel trailer. Our local dealer (we have great faith in them) will be stocking a new model called Gulf Beeze sport, model 21TSB. It seems to fits our needs. Any new comments since last "should I buy a new GS" post would certainly be welcome, especially concerning quality issues. Thanks, Pat and George
PatGeorgeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
DAF

I have been RVing for over 30 years. I have always owned towable RV's except for a VW Westfalia that I used for 12 years. I have owned 2 Jaycos, 1 Keystone Cougar and now a Gulfstream Innsbruck 23BWL. My experience with the Gulf Stream has been good except for an initial significant issue with the shower foundation. There is a separate posting on that. I downsized from the 32 ft Cougar to the 23 ft Innsbruck looking for simplicity, ease of towing and parking. In my opinion, all current RV's no matter who makes them, have quality and workmanship issues. These issues vary from minor to significant within the same brand/model with no rhyme or reason. Whatever brand/model you select, make sure you check everything and I mean everything like if you were actually camping. Let the dealer fix all issues before you take delivery. Good luck!
Old 05-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
campers0518

Hey PatGeorge, A couple of months ago I would have said stay away from Gulf Stream. BUT the issues that we had with our 09 24rkl Innsbruck were finally taken care of and now every time we use it we like it more. We could not have bought a better unit for us anyway. No problems anymore. Buy it, go over it and stay on the dealer to fix the things you find then it will be fun. Good Luck (read Door leaks) John and Dorothy