Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-23-2006, 12:01 PM   #1
darbyjudy

Default Electric Bedroom slide out

Can any one tell me what to do in case the electric slide out fails in my bedroom. I don't find this information in the manual I have. It covers the hyd. ones but not the electric one in the bedroom.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:08 PM   #2
TSoul

Send a message via Yahoo to TSoul

The first thing to do is check to make sure the dc breaker is reset. They have a little arm that pops out and all you do is push it back in. The way the arms pop out makes it hard to tell if the breaker is popped or not. Other than that I do not know if there is a manual way to put in the electric slide. Sorry I couldn't help more. Happy Camping.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:47 PM   #3
RJ82much

Another sneaky one: Make sure your driver seat is all the way forward!

The same interlock is used for all the slides in hydraulic units, chances are this applies to the electric ones as well.

Don't forget emergency brake set for levelers to work! They're not broke either!

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 04:53 PM   #4
darbyjudy

Default Now What

OK I have Checked the breakers and all are OK, the drivers seat if all the way forward. Still doesn't work. Now they must be a manual way to get this slide in, does anyone know how. I have heard others say remove the motor and then push it in but I don't know. I am not having problems yet but would like to know what to do if I would.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:21 AM   #5
RV Wizard

Darby, there are a few different slide systems used. Is this in a bed slide? If you could access the assembly and get a name and model I can get you the info on it.
iRV2.com -Gulf Stream Owners Forum Leader
2000 Scenic Cruiser
99 Chevy Silverado 4 X 4 Toad
2006 Saturn Vue AWD Toad
NASCAR #3 & #8
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:24 AM   #6
RJ82much

Darby,

I checked the drawings that GS said we can't have, don't know how to read, & can't be trusted with, you know the ones... They have trade secrets that the competition would use! blah blah blah. Anyway:

The Norco Electric Slideout circuit (supplying the reversing switch & motor) has a parking brake relay interlock (parking brake MUST be on for slideout to work)

The wall switch will have red & black wires that lead to the motor. There will be a GREEN, #10awg wire that SHOULD have 12 volts on it. The switch should have a ground connection as well (Lord knows what color it will actually be - white maybe?). There should always be 12 volts between the green #10 and the ground (as long as coach disconnect just inside the entrance door, is on).

If there isn't voltage, then there is a problem at the parking brake relay, wherever that is. Power to the relay contacts is supplied by the previosly mentioned 30amp breaker, located in the outside compartment (right under your driver's seat). You might double check by tripping & resetting the breaker.

The parking brake relay gets it's coil power from a "PBG" circuit... (Parking Brake Gxxx?). Finding the PBG circuit may be a bit of an adventure. I know that the wire color is Green with Red tracer, #16awg. It's power comes thru a slideout-lockout relay coil (don't know where) that gets it's source from a 15amp fuse in the block in the external compartment under the driver's seat.

I don't see where the "seat forward" interlock plays any part in an electric slide-out option.

To get things working, you still have the several things to look into, as listed above.

Summary:
1) Parking brake on
2) 30 amp breaker on
3) 15 amp fuse OK
4) 12 volts DC in the slide-out switch box

Sorry again about the long post... helpful though?

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:01 AM   #7
dbmotors

On my coach, there is a small "hole" in the trim under the cabinet on that slideout. Inside, there is a jack screw that you can turn to bring the slide in manually. I believe it requires a 3/4" socket.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:11 PM   #8
darbyjudy

You know I have never had any trouble with the electric slide in the bedroom but I sure would like to know how to get it in if it failed to work. so far noone has been able to tell me how to do this manually. I am sure they muct be a way.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:24 PM   #9
chamberlain

Other RV manufacturers must have the same problems.... Yesterday, I saw a new Fleetwood going down the road with both slides partially out and his emergency lights flashing. Two days later I went by the RV service center in my area and yep! It was parked waiting for help. I hope this never happens to my 06 Crescendo. In any case I'll look for the small hole under the cabinets this weekend
Old 10-13-2006, 01:28 AM   #10
djqualls

What is model do you have? I found mine by accident chasing a bad wire down. There is a 1/4' flex extension attached to the motor that is behind the top trim panel on the closet of my slide. I suppose that you connect a drill or a 1/4" ratchet to open/close. I hooked my battery drill to it to check and it operates the motor without power .

By the way, mine is a 2006 Tourmaster that I haven't used but one week since I bought it in June because of warranty issues. The past six weeks it has been in Indianana awaiting a resolution .........

Good Luck
Old 10-13-2006, 08:09 AM   #11
earljan34

djualls, Were is your coach in IN? If it is at Master Tech check the repairs make shore they are right!

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote