Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-04-2006, 01:55 PM   #1
justlizz

Default Where have you been or going

Things seem very quiet at the moment so when you are home how about telling us where you have been or where you are going
I have just come back from a week-end at Stratford Upon Avon(Shakespeare country) the weather was great and I was very lazy it was a American RV and motorhome show so I lazed around with a few bottles of wine and enjoyed the sun but we plan on going back so we can explore the surrounding areas my Husband took a trip back in time as the show was on the racecourse and he used to be a jockey many moons ago and he enjoyed looking at the changes
lizz
Old 06-04-2006, 09:52 PM   #2
Maggie

How I wish I was in England at this time of the year. Haven't been
there for many years. The countyside around Stratford at this time of
the year is beautiful. Lived in High Wycombe for three years.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:55 PM   #3
Maggie

How I wish I was in England at this time of the year. Haven't been
there for many years. The countyside around Stratford at this time of
the year is beautiful. Lived in High Wycombe for three years. It was the
only place that I was homesick for after living all over the world. I
can rmrmber at the time we lived there the RV's were called carvans.
The largest were only about 20ft.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:49 AM   #4
justlizz

Maggie I live 5miles away from High Wycombe and they are still called caravans but they do make them up to 26ft long now but any bigger they would not be able to get around the narrow lanes there are a lot of American RVs around but they are have to pick there campsites with care
lizz
Old 06-20-2006, 07:31 AM   #5
TSoul

Send a message via Yahoo to TSoul

Hello friends. I have been rather busy and have not been to the board in a little while. On top of that the boy decided it would be fun to do the "myspace.com" thing and jammed up my computer. I have a few issues with my pc right now.

For six weeks, every Thursday to Sunday I was helping my brother shoot a low budget horror movie. It was at a cabin in the woods and there was a camp ground just down the road. I played host to the actors while they were getting makeup done and when they were not needed on the set. I also played caterer (SP?) and snack service for the cast and crew. We had a few nights away from the cabin for different shots and we used the RV generator and inverter for power. I also keeped the crew dry and comfortable on bad weather days. It was alot of fun and I look forward to his next project. My brother has to the end of the year to edit and produce the film so it will be a while till the next movie.

As a bonus my 16 year old son (the computer wiz lol) was able to work on the set as a graduation project. So that was a great experience for him.

This Saturday we head of to Miami and go on a cruise for a week in the western Caribean. Then we will stay at a time share in Florida for another week. We plan to do some scuba diving and so we took the RV to Dutch Springs here in PA for a few dives. We loaded up snacks and drinks and scuba gear for 7 divers. We had a grand time over all and then camped out at my parents house the rest of the weekend to spend time with them. It was a lot of fun.

I wish I could drive the motorhome to FL and then camp in it for the week but these plans were made prior to us buying the new MH and time is a factor because my DW can only take off for so long from work. Besides that the trip is all paid for and it would be problimatic at best to change the plans.

I hope you all have been enjoying the spring and have been out to visit the great outdoors.

Its great how versital the RV can be for so many uses. Thanks for reading. Happy Camping.