Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
kerry Ben-David

Default Trouble with windshield wipers

I am totally new to this format (TOTALLY). But, I have a 1996 39ft Tourmaster Model 8393. Picked up last summer. This unit has a single windshield pane. The blades, instead of working from Left to Right IN TANDEM, crash into each other if both are used together. Drivers wiper only works from RIGHT to LEFT (starting from the far right standing straight up against the trim of the window and sweeping down toward the passenger side. I took off the passenger blade which appears to function normally ( LEFT to RIGHT) and am using just the driver's blade. Not the way I want to continue. Anybody encountered this?? Thanks, Kerry
kerry Ben-David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
03heritagerider

Not sure from your description if you are looking at the wipers from the drivers seat or standing in front of the coach.

This is just an off the wall gusess on my part, but might work.

See if you can take one or both of the wipers off and reposition them in either direction on the sprocket.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
kerry Ben-David

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03heritagerider
Not sure from your description if you are looking at the wipers from the drivers seat or standing in front of the coach.

This is just an off the wall gusess on my part, but might work.

See if you can take one or both of the wipers off and reposition them in either direction on the sprocket.
Both arms are nowoff the sprockets. Motors are clearly "out of sync" with each other. Thought someone might have had this experience. Don't live near easy repair locations in the NYC metro area. Will eventually get to a RV repair shop. Thanks.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
03heritagerider

Good luck and let us know how/if it gets resolved.

BTW - Since you're from the NYC Metro area, any advice about camping near NYC? Every time we go up there, we stay in Liberty Park. Is there any other option?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #5
kerry Ben-David

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03heritagerider
Good luck and let us know how/if it gets resolved.

BTW - Since you're from the NYC Metro area, any advice about camping near NYC? Every time we go up there, we stay in Liberty Park. Is there any other option?
YES! YES! Spent two days at Newburgh/NYC North 119 Feetown Highway, plattekill, NY last fall...really loved it. Great pullthroughs...lake with water feature...Very, very clean..woodsy...You would need a tow car to travel to NYC And they have buses to NYC come to think of it. 800-562-7220..worth the one hour to the city. This is what I call the perfect campground!
Old 06-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
Sundancer268

On my 1995 Scenic Cruiser the wipers both have individual motors and the only synchronization is performed by the Intelitec wiper control module. I do have a split windshield and the two wipers park in the middle of the windshield next to the dividing strip. I had to remove all the front trim below the dash to tepair the windshield washers on each side.
Air Force One Brake System
Sundancer268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #7
RayChez1

Default Re: Trouble with windshield wipers

Don't quit understand what is happening, but is it possible that somebody installed wiper blades that are too long causing them to over reach?
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote