Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-11-2020, 11:17 AM   #1
DontTreadOnMe

Default Drive BT100 Radio and TV

Hello All. I have recently bought a new 2021 Ameri Lite 199DD. I have taken it out a few trips and have had the normal new RV issues. One that I can not figure out is how do I play movies through the Drive BT100 radio to the TV?

There is a HDMI port on the front of the radio and the RCA lines that come from the wall where the TV is mounted. Based on what the dealer said all I need to do is plug the HDMI in, hook up the TV with the RCA, select AUX 2, component on the TV and it should work. Nope.

I looked at the back of the radio and it seems right, IF the radio converts HDMI to RCA. If it doesn't then GS is selling parts that are not compatible and tell us they are.
DontTreadOnMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 08:58 PM   #2
CubbyZ's

I have the same dvd player in my 2018 Vintage 19ERD model. You only need to insert the dvd disc. The player will not work with a BluRay disc. Make sure the source that is selected is "Disc". Use the button on the far right of the player to select or use the remote. Button is small and above the left knob. The dvd signal will come through the RCA jack. You will have to use the provide RCA cable and connect your TV. Your tv will also need to have the correct source selected.
CubbyZ's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 02:31 PM   #3
DontTreadOnMe

I do not have that model. It is the head unit only. All I have is radio, AUX 1&2, BT, and USB. There is also a HDMI port on the front as well.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:21 AM   #4
maddog53

Have you used the radio and have you figured it out? It seems like total junk to me. What is the HDMI even for? Thanks
maddog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 01:37 PM   #5
DontTreadOnMe

Well. I took the unit out of the cabinet. There is a HDMI out on the back of the unit. Based on what I saw here is what I can guess is going on. There is RCA in and RCA out on the unit along with one USB and a HDMI out. How it was plugged in was on the RCA out to the factory installed RCA cable. The unit requires that you have an RCA cable plugged to the "IN" in order to play through the RCA "out" at all. I have looked for a decent manual and have found nothing. My conclusion is that it will never work as described. It will not convert HDMI to RCA out to feed the TV unless I buy an adapter. Radio works as it should.
Old 01-29-2021, 02:49 PM   #6
maddog53

My issue is there is no antenna cable hooked up to the TV connection in the wall. I would assume that this was missed at the factory AND I know it was missed upon dealer prep. What a pain in the butt trying to get someone to work on it. I am not happy Gulf Stream...........
maddog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 05:14 PM   #7
R&A-DE

We just picked up our Conquest Lite 238RK and we are having problems trying to figure out what the undocumented stuff in the trailer is. The BT 100 and associated "sound system" is crap. We can barely read the display. We can't use the radio because when we set it to volume level 1 it's too loud. I was able to connect my phone via Bluetooth and play music through it, controlling the volume from the phone, but the sound was pretty bad. If, as DontTreadOnMe indicates, there are RCA cables connected to the back of the unit, then I'd guess the other end of those cables might be what's coming out of the wall next to the "Wi-Fi & Internet" plate (whatever that is). Does sound go out those RCA cables or go in those cables??? Who knows.
Regardless of the presence of an HDMI port, I'm pretty sure it's for audio only.
I did find a product manual at:
https://www.recpro.com/content/RP-12...0%20Stereo.pdf
Pulitzer Prize-level it's not.
R&A-DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 05:42 PM   #8
R&A-DE

That linked copy is pretty bad. I scanned the copy I got with my trailer package and attached it here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BT 100 Product Manual.pdf (1.18 MB, 18 views)
R&A-DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:34 PM   #9
Oconomowoc

My BT100 radio is exactly the same crappy system you have.
Oconomowoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 07:02 AM   #10
Oconomowoc

has anyone replaced their BT 100 radio, and if so, with what?
Oconomowoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 12:48 PM   #11
hrebel

Default how to use the radio

Hey Everyone
I am trying to figure out how to turn off the outside speakers in my new Ameri-lite 199rk The stereo has zone 1 and zone 2 buttons which I have played with and there was no difference in sound. Am I mossing something?
hrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 11:07 PM   #12
Bike Dr

All my factory items in my opinion were very low quality also! And worked but in no way like it was intended so i just knuckled down and went to it. I replaced and rewired the whole coach and every system from the dash unit to the complete 3 tv entertainment system with built-in surround in the ceiling. There are far better dash systems out there that are far better then what the factory will offer for sure. It is now completely voice controlled wirelessly gps, movies, pandora or any other app and connects automatically as soon as I walk In the coach and can also cast the screen to the main 43" tv for a larger viewing..it took a little time but well worth the effort for all the conveniences and options we now have. GET RID OF THAT FACTORY MESS!!!! you will be soooo much happier and the frustrations will disappear!! It sounds like a lot but I did my upgrades for very low cost. The ethernet, hdmi and digital optical cables are very inexpensive! No more rca, component or composite that are very low quality.. and it is surprising that they are even still using rca in 2021
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bt 100, radio