Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-29-2021, 12:45 PM   #1
Sariah

Default 1993 Gulf Stream Innsbruck How to turn on furnace

Hey everyone. Bought an old 1993 GS Innsbruck to redo. We want to take it out camping. It’s been cold the past week and we can’t find where the furnace/fuse is at... could be totally dumb haha, but this is my first rodeo. Anyone know how to do it, where it is and can help out? I don’t see anything in the manual. Thanks!
Sariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 09:39 PM   #2
NavyLCDR

Maybe walk around the outside and look for the vent on the side of the wall?
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 05:53 PM   #3
Sariah

Default Thanks but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
Maybe walk around the outside and look for the vent on the side of the wall?
I guess I explained this wrong... I don’t know how to get the heat turned on. I know where the furnace is, just don’t know what to do or how to get the pilot lit? Or whatever...
Sariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 10:55 PM   #4
NavyLCDR

I can't help much. On modern trailers the furnace runs off 12v DC and propane. If you have a stove, make sure you have propane by burning a burner on the stove for a minute or so. The furnace will have a DC fuse in the power center - usually a 15 amp automobile type fuse. If you have a good fuse in there, the furnace will be controlled by a wall thermostat. There may be a heat on/off switch on the thermostat. When the thermostat is turned up, and the heat on/off switch is on, the furnace fan should come on. Again that runs off 12v DC. Then the gas should light with a spark also powered by 12v DC. If the gas doesn't light after 3 attempts with sparks then the furnace will shut off. To reset it, pull the 12v DC fuse for the furnace for a minute or so, then put it back in.

Being a older trailer from the early 90's though, maybe it has something different. But if you find the furnace vent I talked about on the outside of the trailer, that will be the location of where the furnace itself is on the inside.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote