Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-30-2014, 10:16 AM   #1
RayHarkness

Default Polishing Wheels on 2002 Gulstream Scenic Cruiser

Ok..question for all. Everybody has their ideas. What do many of you recommend for polishing the wheels on Guflstream Coach. I believe they are polished aluminum to start, probably Alcoa...and I don't think they are the type that has a plastic coating on them.

How do many of your polish, what products, methods etc. Best results...Meguires makes alum wheel polish..I need to get these babies brightened up, so that if my mirror inside breaks, I can still shave someplace!!! Ray
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:39 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Default Re: Polishing Wheels on 2002 Gulstream Scenic Cruiser

I use a Mothers PowerBall mini on my battery power drill with Mothers Wheel Polish. When done I can shave. LOL
Here's a link to Mothers so that you see the PowerBall Mini: http://www.motherspowerball.com/

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 06:35 AM   #3
RayHarkness

Thanks Ron,
I hate doing this job...saw something about that Ball...and everybody likes it. I better just break down and get one. I did buy some stupid thing with flaps on it, used on a drill, but was worthless. another waste of money eh?

I heard this is the way to go. Thanks. Our wheels are NOT plastic coated I am sure....as I used some stuff before and it turned black instantly..when rubbing..

Let me get busy with the jiggy here!!! Ray
Old 05-05-2016, 03:04 PM   #4
RayHarkness

Ok all..not that smart at starting a new thread. My Alum wheels were looking bit off...I recently saw an advertisement for a product that has been out for a few years.
NAME: WHITE DIAMOND...
now...I have to say, I have tried other stuff, but this is amazing stuff. You wipe it on the wheel, I then use a Mother Power Ball wheel, which is just foam rubber, buff it around...then let it all dry. then take a towel and wipe clean...AMAZING RESULTS. I could not believe it. no hard rubbing or scrubbing. I did all the wheels in just about an hour, or less. The results are amazing. PLUS, this stuff leaves protective surface on them, to help against further oxydation and dimming etc.....

YOu gotta try it. They have been using this stuff on motorcycles, and truckers use it on their fuel tanks and chrome or aluminum. Just a tip for everybody...