Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-23-2019, 06:14 PM   #1
Boho48

Default 04 Voyager spongie roof

When on my roof looking for a leak I noticed there was some give between the supports. It wasn't alot but was noticeable. I don't know how the roof is constructed so I don't know if it's a problem . The roof is fiberglass. Any comments are appreciated
Boho48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:32 AM   #2
Sudsy

Default Warning in brochure

In the brochure that came with my coach it clearly states that the roof is a little soft and there is a warning about not walking between the air conditioner units since the main air duct is below that area and is hollow or even softer. I just spent $2K to have my roof resealed. We did the entire roof with a Dicor sealant product that is white. My big leak was around the Fantastic Fan.

2005SunVoyagerweb.pdf

Sudsy
Old 05-05-2019, 12:48 PM   #3
RayChez1

I don't know about the voyager, but my Scenic Cruiser is pretty solid, I have never felt any soft spots.

There was a post in this forum with pictures of how the roof is constructed. There was a poster who was arguing that the roof and walls were constructed with lumber and naturally he was wrong because the whole super structure is framed with aluminum studding and the only wood are spacers used between the fiberglass and the aluminum framing to prevent solid friction joints. It also shows where under the fiberglass are luan and under that brick insulation. So the roof should be pretty solid.

OH! how much do you weigh????????? LOL! If you weigh over three hundred pounds, THEN that is why it feels spongy.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:58 PM   #4
Sudsy

Default I Posted the Brochure

Hre it is again.

2005SunVoyagerweb.pdf

It's on page 11. I weigh 270 and my roof is a little soft right in the middle between the air conditioner units. There is a caution I read somewhere that tells you about it. It's the main duct for the AC.

Sudsy