Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-17-2017, 03:27 PM   #1
rundlc

Default Are you a 97-01 tourmaster owners? Do you have a tag?

Hello all streamers!

New here but not to the rv world, looking for some of you folks that own a tourmaster, looking for info on the 8430 floor plan.

If you own a 43 ft tag I would appreciate it greatly if I could pick your brain before I move on one of these units. I have heard the the 97-01 models were probably the best that GS made.

If you own one please contact me asap Thanks all

Rundlc
rundlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 03:08 PM   #2
scott

They did make them. I have a 2001 scenic cruiser,tag,8406,m-11 450 cummins,millenial edition-bahama edition,two slides,4060 hd allison.
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:00 PM   #3
scenic8406

Scott it does have a tag. Thanks
scenic8406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:09 PM   #4
scott

Thankx, All very good points,have already done most of that, but more to do. Glad to know somebody fimilar with this model.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:49 AM   #5
scott

can only find one fuel filter.
Old 01-08-2020, 01:28 PM   #6
scenic8406

Scott there’s one under the air system filter and it has a strainer on the bottom with a clear plastic base and there’s a filter on right rear under fuel pump it’s twice as big as the strainer filter. Also there’s 2 large ones in the hydraulic tank watch these carefully if they get the sligest stopped up they will blow the pump on your fan and it’s about a grand it’s made it itiay. Also a note I learned back there they use de icer on the roads and it will eat the slum core fins at bottom of Raditaor. New cores run about 2500 to 5000 for total replacement. I installed copper tubing on back side of radiator shroud and a hose hook up to wash. It won’t clean propyspraying from outside Thur after cooler. These are learned lessons. I had to fix both of these on the road 1 trip back east. Remember tools tools or deep pockets. I do all my work , that way I know its right. Good luck.
Old 07-21-2022, 01:39 PM   #7
Kevinett

Quote:
Originally Posted by rundlc View Post
Hello all streamers!

New here but not to the rv world, looking for some of you folks that own a tourmaster, looking for info on the 8430 floor plan.

If you own a 43 ft tag I would appreciate it greatly if I could pick your brain before I move on one of these units. I have heard the the 97-01 models were probably the best that GS made.

If you own one please contact me asap Thanks all

Rundlc
I'm picking up my "new to me" 8430 next week... can't wait. Any idea where I can pick up a set of owner's manuals/binders?
Kevinett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 03:33 PM   #8
scenic8406

Default Info on tour master/ scenic cruisers

Kevin there’s not much out there for model info. All your chassis info can come from Spartan/ and the rest is the ole find where you can. Had to replace my 2 pressure sending units, Spartan said there easy to get to and find at lower end of steering unit on frame! Yea that was a joke gulfstream welded Frt cap metal brackets and it blocked the access. Had to cut a hole around steering column th get to them. When I added the tile to the step slider unit ,it made it to heavy to move found the one factory in wisc. And had them do a gear reduction on the motor to give it move drive ,works great not,also they have a few gears and motors left. But after there gone ,there will be zippo, added the easy starts to the ac roof units , I’ve still runnin the ome units ,added filler valves to Freon lines also works good. Just watch that norcold refer for fires,some on the redo kits weren’t up to par. I put a auto fire extinguisher system in there until I replaced it with the whirlpool double door unit. My unit still running great just do your maintenance,I’ve added a fuel polisher to the fuel tank system,so when it sits for awhile I polish the fuel. It’s a fass fuel lift system. Good luck and happy travels, It’s all about the journey,not how fast we get there,
Old 07-21-2022, 05:22 PM   #9
Kevinett

My coach is a victim of the Norcold fire... replaced with a new home-type unit. I did not know it was a common issue until you mentioned it... glad you did! I'll be able to share more once I pick it up on Tuesday. Thanks for your response!!
Kevinett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 07:54 AM   #10
RabbitStream

Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic8406 View Post
Kevin there’s not much out there for model info. All your chassis info can come from Spartan/ and the rest is the ole find where you can. Had to replace my 2 pressure sending units, Spartan said there easy to get to and find at lower end of steering unit on frame! Yea that was a joke gulfstream welded Frt cap metal brackets and it blocked the access. Had to cut a hole around steering column th get to them. When I added the tile to the step slider unit ,it made it to heavy to move found the one factory in wisc. And had them do a gear reduction on the motor to give it move drive ,works great not,also they have a few gears and motors left. But after there gone ,there will be zippo, added the easy starts to the ac roof units , I’ve still runnin the ome units ,added filler valves to Freon lines also works good. Just watch that norcold refer for fires,some on the redo kits weren’t up to par. I put a auto fire extinguisher system in there until I replaced it with the whirlpool double door unit. My unit still running great just do your maintenance,I’ve added a fuel polisher to the fuel tank system,so when it sits for awhile I polish the fuel. It’s a fass fuel lift system. Good luck and happy travels, It’s all about the journey,not how fast we get there,
Can you write to me as i would like to have more infos on your ball joint fix...Email : [email protected]

Thank You
RabbitStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:17 AM   #11
Bike Dr

The tag axle units are nice. But when I was in the market weighing the differences I opted for no tag to reduce more maintenance with tires and more axles, but ive read this line of posts and not one Atrium was mentioned. It kind of makes me wonder if they were not a popular model! But I have been really happy with my 8410 SE. After making the upgrades to keep up with the times it's been perfect for our needs and more then enough storage and living space

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!! LIVING IT!!!!!

2005 41' Atrium 8410 SE CAT
2017 20' weller's inclosed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini cooper
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote