Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-11-2019, 08:11 PM   #1
gjr902

Default Slide out leaks while driving in the rain

Hello, I have a new 2019 Envision. Twice in the 5 weeks I've had it, I've had leaking from under the slide out (over the tires) while driving in heavy rain. Been back to the dealership once and they couldn't find anything wrong. Anyone else have this issue.? Any help would be appreciated.
gjr902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 06:53 AM   #2
atreis

I don't have a slide so can't help if there's actually an issue with it but do have a thought ... By chance, are you towing the trailer with a vent or window open? If so, try with them closed. Open vents/windows will create negative pressure inside the trailer at speed (venturi effect) and suck water in through any tiny opening.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:35 AM   #3
gjr902

Yes my bedroom and bathroom vents were open when we were towing this time. I know they were closed the first time it happened but I can't remember if a window was open or not. Thank you for the info. I will button her up tight and see what happens.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:44 PM   #4
Cdavis0721

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjr902 View Post
Yes my bedroom and bathroom vents were open when we were towing this time. I know they were closed the first time it happened but I can't remember if a window was open or not. Thank you for the info. I will button her up tight and see what happens.
I have the same issue. Was this resolved? My maintenance tech can’t get me in until mid January
Cdavis0721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 06:28 AM   #5
gjr902

Yes, the adjusted my side out and put a new larger rubber strip under the slideout. It's been fine since. I also make sure my roof vents are closed and windows are locked