Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class B+
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-09-2023, 01:43 PM   #1
al46willys

Default BT Cruiser 5210/5230

We are looking at the 5210 or 5230. None available locally to look at, and dealer is unable to answer a couple of questions:

What is the length of the jackknife sofas?
Is there any storage room under the sofa (keeping in mind they need room to jackknife?) (for pillows, bedding, etc.)
Any input/recommendations (good or bad) on these units would be helpful.

We have had many motor homes and fifth wheels….looking to downsize.
al46willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 01:41 PM   #2
Leisure Time Larry

I found this searching... https://www.gsowners.com/forums/show...61&postcount=4

The answers to your questions will depend on the model year and the layout. In my 5211, I have one sofa and a dinette. There is storage under the dinette seats. Under the sofa is where the fresh water tank, water pump, etc. is, so there is limited extra space for stuff.

If there were two sofas, there would likely be storage for the bedding/pillows and more that you mentioned beneath the curbside one. Good luck in your search.
2005 22' BT Cruiser 5211, Chevrolet 3500 chassis w/6.0L Vortec V-8; 6'x12' Cargo Trailer; Honda CB500X motorcycle for street and ADV riding; Yamaha TW200 motorcycle for dual-sport and trail riding...All of it for fun and adventure!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 10:58 AM   #3
Rvnewbies2019

Default Bt5210

We have a 5210 and there is lots of storage under the sofas that jackknife up but I would not put linens under there. One side has the water tank so not much room but the other side there is room for folding chairs and folding table. It’s not very convenient storage- our model has tons of above cabinet storage though- I even have an empty one for extras. Putting the bed up and down every day gets a bit old if you are camping for a longer period but for short trips, we love ours. Mostly it’s easy to park anywhere and goes on most roads. It has a great engine so we are not slowed by those Colorado mountains at all and surprised by the gas mileage
Rvnewbies2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 10:20 AM   #4
Dora's explorers

Default 2003 5230 B+ 21' long

Our jackknife is "RV queen" in 3 pieces ( back, seat and front piece that slides out lifts up)... wide enough but a bit short. We use a 3" queen memory foam on top and have enough room under it to store the rolled up foam. Yes, there is a long water tank and pump under there too. There is overhead storage.
The dinette is in the slide- out and has storage under the seats.
We travel with the bed open (except the front piece ). That leaves room to walk through rather than climb over the bed.
We have traveled and lived comfortably in this RV for 8 months at a time and have had very few issues with it!
Dora's explorers is offline   Reply With Quote