Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class B+
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-17-2023, 10:29 AM   #1
bbaluski

Question Bathroom Fan Blades

New trip, new repair. I Turned on the bathroom fan and I guess it was a little brittle. It shattered into a million pieces. Is there an easy way to replace it. And does anyone know if it is a D-shaped shaft. BT 5230, 2003.
bbaluski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 10:58 PM   #2
renman43

In my2005 bt cruiser 5230, it is tiny and round.I have a new blade on order, but lots of reviews indicate there are often problems with the size of the hole. Hopefully I can make it work. The motors including blades are not expensive, but I do not know if the mounting screws/holes are of a universal fit.
renman43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 10:28 PM   #3
renman43

Quote:
Originally Posted by renman43 View Post
In my2005 bt cruiser 5230, it is tiny and round.I have a new blade on order, but lots of reviews indicate there are often problems with the size of the hole. Hopefully I can make it work. The motors including blades are not expensive, but I do not know if the mounting screws/holes are of a universal fit.
Ok, the fan blade came in today. Pressed it on, and it fits and runs. Directions say fan should run counter clockwise. The direction is determined by looking down at the motor. I thought i had it wrong at first, but it is correctly mounted.
renman43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 01:35 PM   #4
Reese

I too had the fan blades just blow apart, although only 20 plus years old. I was able to just get a new fan blade ( I think at camping world) and it just pushed into place. Be sure to check the direction of the blades as it can be mounted in either direction or you might suck air in instead of out.
Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 02:14 PM   #5
Chuck v

Reversing a fan blade on the shaft will not reverse the flow (although it may reduce efficiency if the blades themselves have an airfoil shape...) To reverse the flow direction, you would need to reverse the PITCH of the fan, or the direction of the rotation.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote