Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-13-2022, 10:06 AM   #1
Karl

Default Gulfstream Dealers

Can anyone tell me why there are so few RV dealerships selling Gulfstream RVs? They are few and far between and even those who may list them for sale never sold or had any to begin with in the first place.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 12:46 PM   #2
RY469

I work at a Gulf Steam dealership in the Chicago area. We are, and have been Gulf Stream for many years. Have quite a few on our lot, both new and used. I'm a Service Tech, know Gulf Streams well, and I own one. I think Gulf Stream is a very good "bang for the buck" since the entire RV industry is basically a trade off between cost Vs quality.
So, maybe visit us in Chicago?

My shameless plug: https://www.sunnyislandrv.com/
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 08:00 AM   #3
Karl

Hey, thanks for the invite, however your dealership is more than12 hours from my location, which is the point of my question. There are three large RV dealerships within 50 miles of my home and none sell Gulfstream motorhomes or pull trailers. I know Gulfstream is family-owned and I know only large corporate RVs seem to be promoted exclusively. If I purchased one of your RVs, it would be greatly inconvenient to return to your location for warranty work.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 09:42 AM   #4
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

I can only guess because GS dropped Class-A? But volatile market? My vintage Class-C had risen $4k in value a few months back before recent gas $$ climb, now seeing several local private vintage class-C selling at 10% of what they were 6-8 months ago?
Old 03-20-2022, 10:46 AM   #5
flyfisher11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Can anyone tell me why there are so few RV dealerships selling Gulfstream RVs? They are few and far between and even those who may list them for sale never sold or had any to begin with in the first place.
Have you tried their website, dealer locator??
flyfisher11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 02:12 PM   #6
Wolfpack

The locater link seems to work: https://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/dealer-locator
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 05:32 PM   #7
trice1

hey there , im a newbie on here and have a ? for a service tech ,where is the thermal overload for my hydraulic slide and leveling motor 2004 crescendo, dewald pump thank you
trice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 10:57 AM   #8
RVingagain

I expect it is because they make far fewer units compared to Thor or Winnebago. I had the same issue as I am on the west coast and all dealers within 500 miles did not and still do not stock the BT Cruiser. I recommend contacting RV wholesalers (RVW) and buying sight unseen like I did if you feel confident in what you want. I was lucky that RVW had put out a YouTube video of the unit I wanted so I could use the video as a communication tool which showcased exactly what I wanted. On the downside, I placed the order more that 8 months ago and the build has not begun yet. Good luck with your hunt.
RVingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 10:31 PM   #9
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

My Conquest 12vdc BREAKER for slide is under step w/ Battery and several other** 12vdc breakers. and breakers not only trip, but go bad and require replacement w/ age. Other influences are the safety interlock RELAYS, mine tied to (IGN=ON= Slide Power=OFF). IGN MUST be OFF for slides to operate; (some I read), may have a DRIVER SEAT SWITCH, or a GROUND through the PARKING BRAKE PEDAL SWITCH?

MY slide breaker tripped twice when solenoids stuck engaged when retracting. Replacing solenoids cured issue.
(**Other = 100a main, GEN, (25a-30a STEP) Good Luck

Tags
gulfstream