Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2008, 06:10 PM   #1
David Bott

Default To Switch or Not to Switch, that is the question!

Hello All...

Well for those of you that have followed along with our first RV adventure and issues with our 2008 Tourmaster T40B, we are still at it. To the point that we are still dealing with issues and have added to the list.

Now I will say that BOTH Gulf Stream and Freightliner have been OUTSTANDING in helping us with the issues we have been having. From the last time I wrote, well, we had a frozen bell crank and found TWO bent inside steel rims that was making for an awful shake. We have been dealing with driveabulity issues from the time we picked it up. Still are.

We really about had it when we went to slide in the living room main slide and it got stuck. Took 3 nice guys from the RV park we were in to help lift it and get it moving. BAM! It popped and started to move. We then found a sheered off bolt that must have loosed to the point to make the issue and the power of the slide just finely won out.

As I mentioned, Gulf Stream and Freightliner have been by our side though all this. So we feel we made the RIGHT CHOICE with Gulf Stream. So, I talked with them and they understand we are concerned with this coach. So, they hooked me up with one of their largest dealers and are working with us if we care to trade this one in for another. (We will have costs and what ave you...More piece of mind is worth something.

So...Do we make the move or do we make take Freightliner up on their offer to come to them in SC and let them go though the coach for the driving issues. I know you really can not answer for us, so I guess I am just reaching out. We have somewhat made this coach our own with some items done to it. This also does not mean a new coach would not have issues of it's own. (well, we know it will, but what? )

So, considering a Constellation of all things if we do this. I know, WOW. And yes, it will cost us.

In any case, their you have it.

David
http://rv.bott.net
MBE900 Diesel (Mercedes)
08' Saturn Outlook Toad
"To Boldly Go...Because We Can!"
https://www.OutsideOurBubble.com
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote