Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-23-2021, 10:40 PM   #1
bdeluca

Default 2001 Yellowstone Winterize

Hello all, new to the site. I just bought my first class A. I need some help winterizing it. The unit has a manabloc manifold. How do you winterize this unit? I can not find a suction line on the water pump to suck up the antifreeze. Any idea what I am missing here? Thanks in advance.
bdeluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 11:56 AM   #2
RY469

Can I suggest you take your unit to an RV Dealer? It's a lot cheaper than paying for the repairs after the fact (when things freeze and break). Maybe ask them to install a three way valve and suction line on your water pump for future use.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 01:36 PM   #3
bdeluca

Thanks. I just needed to study the path of the water system. Once I figured that out I just disconnected the inlet side of the water pump and ran antifreeze that way. Thanks for the inpit!
Old 12-26-2021, 01:52 PM   #4
RY469

Make sure not to miss the little items, like if you have an ice maker, etc . . . Any trapped water will freeze and cause a crack which becomes a leak this spring. Enjoy your RV !
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 11:02 AM   #5
Boze33

Default 2001 Yellowstone winterize

Depending on your model (I have a 2001 Yellowstone bus, DP), there probably isnt a bypass hooked up. As noted the challenge is the little things like the ice maker connection. Disconnect that and let it loose. Get a blow out plug and charge up the pressure with air and open the drain valves in at the manifold center --should be three. Don't forget the outside shower valves too. After you think you have almost all the water out of the lines, close the valves. disconnect the water pump (supply side) and run a connector hose into a gallon of antifreeze. Turn on pump and pull antifreeze to each faucet. Pour some into every drain.
Should take mo more that three gallons. Don't forget to pull the drain plug from hot water tank and leave it out until you head back out in spring.
Best of luck!! It is pretty easy actually- just take your time and make sure you pressurize the system with a small compressor to force all the water out before you circulate the antifreeze.
Boze33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 08:28 PM   #6
bdeluca

Thanks for all the info. Much appreciated.