Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-11-2007, 09:54 PM   #1
Journey

Default Rocking motion when leveling jacks are down

Hello's, greetings and introductions to all in viewing distance. Okay, we are new to all this. This is our first RV and we should have done it years ago, but that aside, I do have an annoying rocking motion when the leveling jacks are down. Yes, it could be a "user" error.

Our 2007 GS, was just in for a short punch list of warranty items and the dealer said there is nothing wrong with the jacks and "no", the rig should not rock when they are down. I have lowered them on concrete, blacktop and on double stacked 2x10's when on gravel or sandy surfaces. The rig rocks when anyone walks through it and we even feel the rocking motion with a light wind outside.

It's kinda like our days in boating when you learned to get your sea legs. It is annoying to have this motion when on solid ground. If it is a "user" error, what is the suggested sequence to set the jacks? I usually set the front jacks, then lower the rear jacks until at least one of them touches the ground. Using a carpenters level set on the floor, I adjust right rear or left rear to level, then adjust front to rear for level. I then check and adjust right rear and left rear for level again. The dealer says that the wheels should not lift off the ground, unless on a serious incline.

Specs on the RV: (6 weeks new)
2007 SunVoyager 38'8", new 3 zoned floor plan 8389, Diesel (Fred).
Cummins 300HP on a Freightliner chasis.
Jacks are Power Gear Hydralic with the standard dash panel. I really don't care for this panel but the dealer said it would be expensive to change it for one with lights that illuminate when level is acheived. Major rewiring envolved.

Going full time when the house sells ... OR ... if I win the Lotto. Let's hope the house sells SOON.

Glad to be here and a part of the GSOwners group.

PS to the moderator: Please reset, change, delete and reinstate my membership number. 666 is not one that I (or anyone would want). Thanks in advance.
Ron
Journey is offline   Reply With Quote