Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-22-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
Jim_PEI

Default Jensen Back Up Monitor Not Coming Out

Took my 2008 Independence Class A in for maintenance (oil change etc, check awning and house batteries) and when I picked it up to drive home, the back up monitor would not come out. The radio and CD work fine. They took MH back in and removed the monitor/radio and CD. They told me they found three fuses that were working, and a single wire going to all three (monitor/radio/CD) and it is fine. On the VR187 owner's manual, the monitor indicates - Jensen 7" TFT LCD COLOR OBSERVATION MONITOR. Any experience with this? Thanks.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #2
jtking

Default Re: Jensen Back Up Monitor Not Coming Out

I had similar issue on my 08 Tourmaster with the same monitor. Pulled radio from dash and did similar checks. Found no issues. Prior to the issue I had noticed that while traveling on the freeway the screen would dim every time I went under an over pass. Several days after we got home I washed the coach and problem went away and has been fine for two years now. My thought is that the camera must have some sort of light detector that was blocked/plugged and washing cleaned it out. However, I have no proof of my theory!!

Good luck,
John
Old 11-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #3
Jim_PEI

Default Re: Jensen Back Up Monitor Not Coming Out

Finally have the monitor out, although had to drive to Florida without it. A buddy here asked to borrow a paper clip, opened it and pressed a tiny button at the bottom left of the radio/CD, just left of the word "tune". First time he touched it, the radio came on. Tried it again, and here comes the monitor. I decided to leave it out. Even Jensen couldn't help me get it out.