Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-18-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
TIREGOD

Default TOW VEH

I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT TO BAR YOU RECOMMEND I HAVE 08 WRANGLER 4 DOOR THANKS
TIREGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
Texas TC

I tow a '07 Wrangler 2 door. I have used Blue Ox on both Jeeps that I have owned. The base-plate on the front of the Jeep is very clean and almost unnoticeable. The tow bar is the standard "A" frame by Blue Ox. They call it the Ambassador model. I have never used one of the fancy adjustable tow bars but I can hook up the Jeep with the old standby tow bar in 3-5 minutes max.

My base-plate and tow bar cost $574.00 complete. They charged me $97.50 to install the device on my Jeep but it could be done at home if you are handy and have the time and tools. As usual, I was in a hurry to leave on a trip so I paid them to install it for me.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #3
amman1725

Default Tow bars

I tow a 97 Wrangler TJ 2 door behind my 34' endura; I bought a new bumper for the jeep from Garvin Wilderness Racks and I love it; the tow bar is just a rock solid simple fixed length non-adjustable tow bar and when you want to hook it up to the jeep you just line up the 2" box reciever and slide it in and then pin it on each side where the clevis pins are; you can see a picture on their customer gallery; my jeep is the one on the very bottom left corner;
http://wildernessracks.com/gallery.html

I also have tried several supplemental brake systems (which are required in WA state when towing a vehicle behind a motorhome); And the one I have now and love is the Roadmaster Brakemaster proportional system; Take my word for it and spend the money, its worth it; my local shop wanted almost a grand to install it so I devoted a couple days and installed it myself;

After towing with this brake system for quite a while now I would never tow a vehicle without supplemental brakes;

Good luck with your hunt and happy rving!
Old 01-18-2010, 09:08 PM   #4
Walldo

I tow my four door 08 JK with a Sterling from Roadmaster, with a custom base plate to fit the AEV front bumper.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
Georunner

Default Re: TOW VEH

I tow a Ford Ranger with Blue Ox gear. I highly recommend it.
Georunner is offline   Reply With Quote