Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-17-2005, 04:35 PM   #1
darbyjudy

Default Well I finally got the motor home back

Wife & I went to LaMesa today and finally got the morot home back. If you remember I bought it on the 13 of last month and had it two days and found that the bedroom floor was bad. Returned to LaMesa and they have had it every since. It appears that they have did a pretty good job of making the repair. Of course several other things was damaged in doing it. But they have ordered the necessary parts and I hope to put this behind me soon. They did give me in writing an extension to the 30 day full warrenty. Mind you this Voyager is a 2004, has but 2500 miles on it and was only owned by the first owner for three months. Now I am sure that is why he unloaded it, the bedroom slide had a serious leak and the water was running under the carpet and the wood floor. Why in the **** do they use that structure wood, when it gets wet it is gone. Really how much more would it add to the cost of a motor home to use a good pressure treated plywood, something that would last forever.
We had a time getting the entertainment center working and if I can remember the steps needed to make it work all will be fine. I need to take back and have it made so I can use the dish antenna on a portable tripod when I can't get the roof top one to work because of trees. I was told that I can hook the antenna lead to the cable connection if an adapter is purchased and installed. also will ned an AB switch so I can choose either roof top antenna or portable one. You know it is not always easy to just go and buy another RV, all kind of problems develope. I hope to get everything moved back into it and get out camping. It is sure too hot here in Florida to do anything.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:52 PM   #2
gsadmin

Hope you issues subside soon. I have been fairly pleased with how LaMesa here in SLC has "made up" for both design issues as well as bad factory QA for GulfStream.

I would recommend LaMesa based on my experience.

Just remember, motorhomes are built to make it from the factory, to the dealer, sit 3-12 months, go to the customer, and then survive through the warranty period with as little repair possible. Beyond that...well that would affect the bottom line too much...GS is not unique in this dept. But what are you going to do...thats why I think people need to educate themselves on the repairs and this is why I am fighting so hard to get wiring diagrams and such from GS. I know things will break...I just refuse to pay the outrageous $110/hr shop rate!
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 05:13 AM   #3
gerry_greene

Default bad bedroom floor

I have a 1998 Sun Sport and had the same problem. I'm pretty sure it came from the factory with a loose connection at the external fresh water hook up. The leak was inside and would not have been detected by the previous owner until it was too late. My coach only had two previous owners and they only owned it for a year. The guy before me only put 1K on it. It had 27K when I bought it. The interesting part is that it was not titled until 2003. I got this info from Car Fax. I wonder where it was all that time. I purchased it 2/2005. You are right about that sub floor. I'm sure it will protect from moisture that comes from the bottom due to the plastic coating on the bottom side but the top is unprotected from water leaks and the material is a perfect wick It just soaks up water and spreads. Coating the top would solve that problem but that would be up to 3M the wood manufacturer. This coach had many problems related to sitting around for a long period. I'm begining to wonder if it may have been involved in a factory buyback and the found its way back on the market. Fortunatly I did all the repairs myself. Now that it is back to normal I love it and look forward to some good times. I probably would have backed away from this one if I couldn't handle the repairs and the fact that it fit my needs perfectly.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:26 AM   #4
mhogge

Default Manuals and diagrams for GS Coaches

gsadmin,

I agree with you on getting GS to provide diagrams and manuals for their coaches, although I am happy with my 05? SunVoyager I would like to be able to do the simple repairs myself, Why don't you get a group effort going here? let's get organized and do something, there is strength in numbers.

mel
mhogge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 11:22 AM   #5
gsadmin

You asked for it!!!

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/G ... -Tech-Docs

Let's do this!
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
Old 06-26-2005, 11:46 AM   #6
mhogge

Default Petition

Good job on the petition!

Trying to figure out how to get more sinatures?
Old 06-26-2005, 11:47 AM   #7
gsadmin

Any help is appreciated. I am going to post out at RV. net. Do what you can!
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
Old 06-26-2005, 11:56 AM   #8
mhogge

I'll check out your post and copy it to some other RV forums.

mel
Old 08-17-2005, 02:24 AM   #9
tonigil

I signed your petition. I hope this get through to them. Darn I should have put this in my petition. I now have 192 signatures. I don't really understand WHY they will not give you guys the schematics.
Toni
PS. Check out my petition. Links in signature.