Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-13-2022, 09:19 AM   #21
BigBoyAl

Thanks Chuck,

That is a relief, I plan to blow out my AC condensate drain lines and clean AC units anyway just to do all I can. Since I didn't see water leak indicators on inside I assumed all was good but peace of mind is good for rookies. There are a few spots on roof where dicor is cracked and weathered and I plan to replace that while on the roof. Still lots to do but not giving up.

Be in touch, Cheers.
BigBoyAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 09:51 AM   #22
BigBoyAl

Chuck,
I am hoping you might be able to help guide me now that I have replaced the cooling system in my fridge and have it installed again. It wasn't too bad of a process just a bunch of tedious work to get the fridge pulled out, remove old system and replace with new system and reinstall but all that is done. I labeled wired good to ensure I could re-connect them properly and I believe all is correct. When I tried to turn on the fridge, the control board didn't respond. I got out the volt meter and began to dig deeper and found all outlets worked fine but the main house power isn't getting 12 volt to the fridge, guessing I may have blown a fuse by not disconnecting power before trying to reconnect power wires? In my RV there is a basement compartment up front on drivers side where all the house fuses are (I believe) and I need to open that up and check for fuses - my question is, do you know of any source that maps out where the relevant fuses might be located, I ran out of time yesterday and fear the fuses are not well labeled in that compartment.
Old 07-25-2022, 11:13 AM   #23
Chuck v

Al,

Yes the fuses in these RV coaches are scattered over several locations. There are some DC fuses in a panel that is the AC sub-panel for my Inverter on my 2007 Tour Master -- your earlier year model may be different.

There are many fuses in a large block in the basement bay under my driver's side window -- this block has dozens of fuses, but they are all described in the legend of the block or its cover.

Some of the vehicle related fuses are located elsewhere by the chassis manufacturer, but you don't need to worry about those in this case. Often the fuse for the frig control is common to other items like some interior lights (I have heard this about some trailers, etc with DC and gas absorption refrigerators...)

Sorry I am not much specific help, as you know my own coach did not have this style refrigerator, it was a residential style.

Good luck finding the fuse, and let the forum know if you need more guidance.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 11:21 AM   #24
BigBoyAl

Thanks Chuck,

The fact that the control board was operating before I replaced the cooling unit tells me this is a fuse issue, now I just need to find the correct fuse. I am making progress and learning a lot along the way but working full time gets in the way for sure.
Old 01-17-2023, 10:11 AM   #25
BigBoyAl

I just remembered that I failed to follow up on this thread to explain how I ended up getting things resolved on my frig. fix. My cooling system fauled on my 2003 Dometic and didn't want the hassle or cost of residential conversion. In the end, I found a company called JC Refrigeration / Dutch Aire in Shipshewana, IN. They manufacture new cooling systems that are heavier duty than the original. I purchased this, installed myself, had one small issue and took RV to them and they fixed me up. All in, I was able to essentially replace the guts of original frig for well under $2K, maintained the propane, electric options with no alterations. I highly recommend this option over replacing the entire frig, assuming your frig box is still in good shape. JC Refrigeration can also install for you, they do great work. I ran the fridge at middle setting freezer ran a 5 degrees while frig was a 39. Very pleased.