Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-06-2023, 05:38 PM   #1
RhythmMachine

Default Thoughts on Kingsport 177BH?

We have a Cruiser RV Fun Finder that's great, but at 15" interior, a bit crowded for our family of 4 + 2 dogs. I've wanted something with a separate bed, bunks, and dinette that's still light enough to tow easily, and came across a new 2023 Gulf Stream Kingsport 177BH for sale near us at quite a low price. It's the floor plan with an electric fire place along the floor in the kitchen (which looks lovely but seems less appealing to me than cabinets).

From what I can see of the construction I assume this is an entry-level line, but the price and weight are quite appealing. It doesn't appear to have much storage and the fridge is smaller than our current one, but I do like the bed/dinette/bunks configuration. The reviews I've read of the Kingsport line in general seem to say that there are some with problems that materialize quite quickly and others that seem to be trouble-free long-term.

I haven't been able to find out much more about these online... anyone with experience with this or similar models? Worth investigating or better to stay away? Anything in particular to watch out for?

EDIT/UPDATE: The same dealer has a two year-old 199DD Conquest which, despite the confusingly different numbering, is the same size but with better storage... larger fridge/freezer, larger overhead cabinets and cabinets instead of the fireplace under the sink. It's a couple grand less since it's used, but looks like a better option.
RhythmMachine is offline   Reply With Quote