Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-19-2017, 01:30 PM   #1
Fastrend

Cool Does anyone know how to remove the front TV 2007 Friendship

I'm trying to remove the front TV from a 2007 Friendship G8 and I cannot for the life of me figure out how it comes out. It does not have a removable frame and it's really jammed in there. I would appreciate any experience anyone has had with this.
Fastrend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:48 PM   #2
Chuck v

Not familiar with the G8 but on my TourMaster it required the removal of the wooden trim -- this TV is over the front steps and is a flat panel display. Here is a thread that also mentions other members' Scenic Cruiser coaches, etc.

http://www.gsowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2471

Maybe this will be of some help. If not, please post some pictures of your TV's location.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:23 AM   #3
Fastrend

Thanks Chuck, I guess the Friendship is very different then the rest, it looks like they put the tv in first then built the cabinets around it. The tv is actually behind the wood on the top and the right side. There are not visible screws, expect for two wood plugs on the bottom. I have attached photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170920_075503_resized.jpg (116.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 20170920_075514_resized.jpg (161.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 20170920_075523_resized.jpg (157.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 20170920_075534_resized.jpg (162.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20170920_075613_resized.jpg (179.2 KB, 3 views)
Fastrend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:27 AM   #4
Chuck v

Yes, that is the same location as the original TV in my coach, but the curved panels were not used in the Tour Master. They did use that incredibly cheap and feature poor Jensen flat screen that does not support HDMI of any over the air HD tuning, etc.

The TV is just a friction fit to the cavity, and it looks like you need to ease the bottom out first and drop it down a bit to clear the upper cabinet frame. You will not find a contemporary flat screen HD or UHD TV that is exactly that shape and size, so you will most likely "float" a thin and slightly larger unit in front of the opening as I did on my second replacement -- just used a wall mount from the rear of the cavity.

When you replace the old Jensen be sure to pull the needed HDMI cables, audio and any other connections you need between that cavity and the electronics cabinet to the left.

Good luck and post pictures of your progress and final solution.

Chuck

Old 09-20-2017, 08:30 AM   #5
Chuck v

...by the way, that Jensen is deceptively heavy for a small screen compared to contemporary units, and is nearly 4 inches thick -- be prepared to support some weight while you disconnect the cables when you get it out of the cavity...

Old 10-12-2017, 11:49 PM   #6
RayChez1

You have to remove those plugs on the frame, and you will find the screws under there. Frame will come off and the TV exposed to where you can work on removing the rest of the securement.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:24 AM   #7
McKannick

As Ray said, remove the two plugs over the lower screws (or first look for screws and plugs along the underside of the trim of the TV) and you'll probably have to remove the two trim strips to the sides of the TV hole, then perhaps some more careful prying to get whatever fasteners are under the trim strips loose....then be ready to grab this heavy junker as it comes loose. Or, it seems you have access to at least the left side through that cabinet door. Are there brackets there? If so, there will probably be more on the right side, you will have to hire a contortionist to get at those around that corner!
McKannick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
friendship, front_tv