Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-31-2020, 07:01 PM   #1
Truck55

Default Slide ptoblems

Well my newest problem now is with my big slide in living room. Was getting ready to go camping. Started closing her up. The front slide tried to come in but only came in a couple inches. I raised that side of the coach as high as I could and it came in. Went camping and had to change sites and it came in just fine. Stayed there 8 days and again it wouldn’t come in. Raised that side again and it came in. Got home and unloaded and it wouldn’t come in again. Goes out fine every time.

Anyone have this problem
Truck55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:30 PM   #2
RayChez1

I experienced a problem with my big slide where it was not wanting to come in and I noticed that the hydraulic pump even when the slide was all the way in it still would keep running without the surge protector shutting the power off. Turned out to be I had two out of the four house batteries were weak. The batteries just did not have enough power to trip the surge protector. Replaced two of the house batteries that were weak and the problem went away. Even the pilot seat was acting up. So maybe you need to check with a hydrometer the cells on your house batteries and change any that show weak or bad.

You did not post what coach you have, so it is hard to tell, but I am assuming it is a big coach. Put the information on your signature so other RVers can help you.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:45 PM   #3
H&k

I try to let my living room slide out and it goes out on one side but not the other. is this a track problem or what?
H&k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:52 PM   #4
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&k View Post
I try to let my living room slide out and it goes out on one side but not the other. is this a track problem or what?
Well it could be. But first of all what coach do you have, you do not post anything on your signature to let us know so that we can give you more accurate information. I have on my living room a hydraulic slide with only one ram down the center of the slide. So if that is what you have THEN what it means if one side is hanging up, that side needs adjustment on alignment one way or the other, it could also mean that the roller on the side that is hanging up is defective and needs to be replaced.

Now if it is a rack and pinion gear type, then it could be that the shear pin has sheered off and needs to be replaced. Most of that type of set up are on the smaller slides such as bed rooms. You should be able to tell what kind you have by making an observation by looking on the outside under the slide when it is out.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 03:31 PM   #5
Truck55

Sorry I have a 04 sun voyager
Truck55 is offline   Reply With Quote