Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-31-2008, 11:56 AM   #1

Default exact total length of 04 crescendo 8386

New to forum, and have been learning a lot about the Gulf Stream units. My question is looking at buying used 04 crescendo 8386. Went to manufacture site and it states 38' 8" as overall length. Have an existing shop that is 39' from door slide to wall. Can someone actually measure theirs for me? And answer the question does that overall length include the ladder. I want to make if fit, but if it won't will look at the 36' model.

Thx for any reponses
harley diesel
Old 09-03-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
Curt Krueger

Default 8386 Measurements

harley,
I am the owner of a 2005 Crescendo 8386 triple slide. I measured the overall length, they are as follows.

Front mirror to the C7 Cat exhaust tip is 40' 2". The front morrors are the further most point on the front and the exhaust pipe is the further most point in the rear.

Front windshield wiper arm to rear cap is 39' 0". The wiper is the further most point on the front cap and the rear cap is the back of vehicle. The wiper arm protrudes out approx. 3" from the windshield.

The ladder protrudes out past the rear cap approx. 4"

I must say that we are delighted with our coach, and if there is anyway you could fit this into your space you would have a good unit to enjoy.

Hope this helps, and if I can do anymore please just ask. More than happy to help.

Curt
Old 09-03-2008, 09:19 PM   #3

Curt, thx for your reply and very glad to hear you are enjoying your coach. it seems like so much of these forum are for venting.
Your measurements seem very exact and clear in description, great job! So in summary, I need to add about 4" past your cap measurements to allow for the ladder? I thought the mirrors might fold in to eliminate that measurement. But did not anticipate the wipers sticking out as well. Really want to put the coach away completely, especially in the Winter. We really like the floor plan with the double slide in living area and extra sleeping options. Harley
Old 09-04-2008, 01:01 AM   #4
Curt Krueger

Default Measurements

harleydiesel,
That is correct, add 4" to my end cap measurement and you will have 39' 4". Don't forget about the exhaust tip, but of course you could remove that also.

The mirrors could also be moved to the side, but of course it tends to get wider too.

Our MH has 40K on the clock now, nothing is perfect, and we suffered in the beginning with the usual issues associated with these vehicles, but have accepted the fact that you must fix the problems as they appear.

I am sure you will enjoy your MH and this forum is loaded with some very talented people willing to help you with any problems or questions.

Curt
Old 09-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #5
rdlamb

Hi Harley, welcome to the site.

Looks like the 38' is to long. Second question is the shop doors. Will they allow the coach's height?

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:30 PM   #6
fatboylust

How about a large bay window in the end wall to allow the mirrors and wipers to clear wall.

FBL
Old 09-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #7

I figured if I waited long enough some of you would chime in. I built the shop several years ago with a 40 foot length and two roll up doors one is 12 foot by 12 and the other is 14 by 14. the wall heights are 16 feet. It is big. Outside it is 38 X 40. The details inside are pole barn style with metal siding on the outside and roof and 2X6 horizontal girts every two feet going up. when I throw a tape on the inside it is coming in at 39' 2". If we move forward and buy this coach could notch out where wipers land in they are across from the 2 x 6 girts since that is another 5 inches technically. The coach will take up less than half of the shop, other than the length issue. We really are attracted to the living area floor plan where you can have two sleeping areas and keep dining booth intact for morning coffee. Also the double slide really opens that up. Don't seem to find these features in very many coaches!
Old 09-04-2008, 09:55 PM   #8
rdlamb

Harley. Can I come play in your shop? I can imagine the fun of having room enough to work on a coach.
If you can make it happen, sounds like your mind is already made up. Besides, you can always expand a wall out, intentionally or not, to fit the coach.

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:35 PM   #9

Thanks, will report back if we are an owner.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:13 AM   #10
Nick Badick

Default Re: exact total length of 04 crescendo 8386

hello there. I know that my post here is too late and I do apologize for that. I'm interested at the topic here. I think I'm fortunate enough because I saw this thread. Any updates for this? Same issue as mine, I'm looking for the exact length of 04 crescendo 8386. Exhaust tip is 40' 2? I'll take a look on it on this coming weekend. I've been looking for it since last week at other sites but still can't find some answers for it.
04 crescendo 8386
autopartswarehouse
Nick Badick is offline   Reply With Quote